Westman Atelier has some beautiful sets this year. The Squeaky Clean Vault ($228, available at Westman Atelier and Bergdorf Goodman) is quite the splurge with six new shades of the Squeaky Clean Lip Liquid Balm, all exclusive to this set. Today I have a look + swatches.
The six colors include:
- Parla – sheer sparkling gold
- Biscuit – neutral cool beige
- Ma Biche – cherry red
- Lou Lou – plum brown
- Snowy – sheer sparkling white
- Rudey Nudey – perfect nude pink
The Squeaky Clean Lip Liquid Balms are smooth and non-sticky. They have a nice moisturizing feel with a natural glossy look. They adhere well to the lips though without feeling like they’ll slide off. Colors pull on the sheer side in terms of pigment for the lighter and neutral colors. Deeper bold shades have more color payoff.
Swatch comparisons of the lighter shades to other formulas. The formulas of these are all different but I wanted to add for color comparison: Laura Mercier Lip Glace, Pat McGrath LUST Gloss, Victoria Beckham Beauty Posh Gloss, Summer Fridays Lip Butter and Kosas Wet Lip Oils.
On the lips below, also wearing:
- Foundation – Westman Atelier Vital Skin Foundation Stick VI (review here)
- Powder – Vital Pressed Skincare Powder in Creme
- Bronzer – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream 392 (review here)
- Blush – Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks in Petal (swatches here)
- Highlighter – Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tint in Peau de Peche
- Eyeshadow – Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette in Bella Sofia
- Eyeliner – Victoria Beckham Satin Kajal Eyeliner in Black
- Mascara – Chanel Noir Allure Mascara
- Top – Vince Cashmere Sweater (color is from last season, similar look for less style here)
- Nail Polish – OPI Bring Out the Gems
I really like the set and most of the colors. The lighter shades pull really sheer, especially the two sparkly ones – if they had more pigment or sparkle color payoff I would have absolutely 100% loved it. Parla and Snowy still give the lips that glassy gloss shine which I think is pretty – would have liked to see more pigment.
Whether or not it’s for you depends on if you can see yourself wearing all the shades or if you think it’s worth the splurge. It can be difficult to justify a set if you don’t like all the colors. I think it’s lovely and would make a great WOW gift. That being said if you only like certain shades I think you can find dupes in other lines.
If you’ve been eyeing this set I hope the swatches help you! I have a review of the Petal Edition Set here along with swatches of all the Baby Cheeks and other Squeaky Clean Lip Balms I own.