Happy Wednesday! I’m finally back with a new post featuring the Chanel Holiday 2020 Collection Les Chaines D’Or de Chanel. We have been away on a mini getaway to celebrate our Anniversary. If you want to check out a few snippets you can check out my Instagram Highlights under the Miami section @beautylookbook. I played with and swatched Chanel Holiday before we left town. I think the colors are really beautiful and luminous for a glowing look. You can find the entire collection online now at Chanel.com – in today’s review:
- Les Chaines de Chanel Illuminating Blush Powder ($70)
- Ombre Premiere Longwear Powder Eyeshadows ($36 each) in Or Blanc, Or Antique, Cuivre Rose and Cuir Brun
- Rouge Allure Luminous Lip Color ($45 each) in Or Beige, Or Cuivre, Rouge D’Or and Pourpre D’Or
- Le Vernis Longwear Nail Color in Chaine D’Or ($28)
Les Chaines de Chanel Illuminating Blush Powder
This holiday Chanel has one illuminating blush called Les Chaines de Chanel. It’s a luminous copper bronze rose with a super smooth sheen. On my skin it warms up the complexion in with a pretty soft pink glow. Pigment is medium with smooth coverage. It’s easy to apply as a soft wash but also buildable. The shimmer is ultra-fine so on my skin it’s not frosty at all. It comes in a black mirrored compact with brush and a stunning embossed chain design. I give this a solid A+. It is definitely a powder formula but has a soft silky almost gel-to-powder like feel. Lasting power is excellent and stays put without darkening. Color shifts depending on how the light hits the pan so don’t let the intensity intimidate you if it looks dark from certain angles.
Swatches below of the Illuminating Blush vs the Rose Cuivre Eyeshadow in this collection:
Comparison swatches below to a few other highlighters and blushes:
Ombre Premiere Longwear Powder Eyeshadows
There are four new Ombre Premiere Longwear Powder Eyeshadows. They’re metallic with tiny flecks of sparkles for a shimmery festive look. I ended up liking these a lot more than I anticipated. In the compacts they looked a little dull but on the skin they’re really flattering and easy to wear. I’m super picky with gold undertones and on my arm/hand the golds looked like they would not work on my tan olive skin. They are very wearable. There is no fallout on me when I apply these, they stay put like the other colors in this formula. Pigment is medium when applied dry. You can apply with a damp brush to intensify pigment.
- Or Blanc is a shimmering antiqued white gold
- Or Antique is a sparkling antique deeper gold
- Cuivre Rose is a pretty metallic rose shimmer (LOVE this one)
- Cuir Brun is a soft smokey shimmery deep cool brown
Le Vernis Longwear Nail Color
For the nails Chanel launched one Le Vernis Longwear Nail Color in Chaine D’Or. It’s a metallic antique gold. Coverage is smooth and although metallic applies easily with minimal visible brush strokes. On me this is a one-coat wonder although I applied it in two coats. As pretty as it is I don’t find it flattering on my skin and undertone. It’s a little too brassy on my fingers. I feel it will be better suited for those who are lighter or deeper in skintone than me. Quality wise it’s excellent though.
Rouge Allure Luminous Lip Color
Last is a look at the four Rouge Allure Luminous Lip Colors for holiday. These all have varying degrees of shimmer and are a little more shimmery than most other Rouge Allures I’ve tried. Application is smooth and comfortable. They have a super soft almost almond-like scent like the Rouge Allure formula but it’s VERY subtle and I barely notice it once it is on the lips.
Formula is creamy and offers full coverage with a luminous sheen. They feel nice on the lips like a traditional lipstick. For me lasting power is pretty good!
- Or Beige 107 is a soft beige with gold shimmer
- Or Cuivre 117 is a nude plum shimmer
- Rouge D’Or 127 is a bold warm red with shimmr
- Pourpre D’Or 137 is a deeper plum (almost looks identical on my lips as Or Cuivre)
Looks below wearing:
- Foundation – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation in B40
- Powder – Poudre Universelle Libre Loose in 30 and 40
- Blush – Chanel Les Chaines de Chanel
- Eyeshadow – Ombre Premiere in Cuivre Rose and Cuir Brun
- Liner – Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Noir Intense
- Mascara – Le Volume Mascara in Noir
- Nails – Le Vernis is from the fall collection in Egerie (also reviewed here)
- Tee – Reformation Alex Slim Tee
The stand outs to me are the new Les Chaines de Chanel highlighter and Rose Cuivre Eyeshadow. I also love a good smokey brown so Cuir Brun is another new favorite for me. I hope you found this review and swatches helpful! You can find everything available now online at Chanel.com. I suspect it will launch soon at other retailers and counters as well.
Have you checked out anything from the new Chanel launches yet? What did you think?
Chanel holiday 2020 collection provided for review.