The Chanel Fall-Winter 2020 Collection has arrived with a mix of pinks and reds for the upcoming fall season. You can find everything now online at Chanel.com – I have swatches of everything including:
- Les 4 Ombres ($62 each) in Candeur Et Experience, Candeur Et Provocation, Candeur Et Seduction
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof ($33 each) in Romance and Psyche
- Baume Essential Multi-Use Glow Stick ($45) in Rosee
- Le Vernis ($28 each) in Egerie and interdit
- Rouge Coco Lip Color ($38 each) in Adrienne and Attraction
- Rouge Coco Flash ($38 each) in Flushed and Lust
- Rouge Allure Ink Fusion ($38 each) in Ambiguite and Idyllique
Les 4 Ombres
There are three Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Eyeshadow Quads. Candeur Et Experience is a repromote and there are two new colors in Candeur Et Provocation and Candeur Et Seduction. Everything has a pink and red theme for a trendy eye look. I found the matte version the easiest to pull off for my neutral-loving self. I also like the look of Candeur Et Provocation because of the brown and light pink mix.
All the quads performed well for me. They have a soft easy to blend pigment that layers nicely and applies smoothly on the lids. Below left to right:
- Candeur Et Experience has a warm matte brown, a tan canel, matte brown-red and a deeper matte brown with a satiny feel
- Candeur Et Provocation has a cool pink shimmer, a pink rose gold shimmer, a raspberry shimmer and a warm coffee brown
- Candeur Et Seduction has a raspberry matte, a pale white-pink shimmer, a bold red satin and a brown brick red
Stylo Yeux Waterproof
There are two new Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliners this season. Romance is a shimmery soft mauve-pink (I think I want to try this as a lip liner!) and Psyche is a matte plum brown. I swatched these next to a few other liners for color reference. The Stylo Yeux Waterproof this season are smooth and pigmented. Psyche is a deep color that is a nice alternative to black or brown.
Baume Essential Multi-Use Glow Stick
There’s a new Baume Essential Multi-Use Glow Stick in Rosee. I have mixed feelings about this but I still keep on trying them out. These are a glossy twist up glow stick with a balmy glossy finish. I think they’re nice in photos to add a glow on the cheeks but they’re too dewy for my skin type and Florida heat to wear anywhere except the lips. Rosee is a sheer rose, on the cheeks it’s fairly sheer although I can see a pinkish tint on the skin.
My favorite things in the collection are the two new Le Vernis Nail Colors. Egerie is a really pretty peachy pink cream. Interdit is a deep blackened brown-red (very similar to Rouge Noir and Vamp, just a different more brown undertone). I get full smooth coverage with two coats. I almost always top with the Chanel Le Gel Coat on top for added shine and lasting power.
Fall-Winter Lip Colors
Last is a look at the fall lip colors for the season. There are mostly dark vampy shades with a couple lighter options in the mix.
There are two Rouge Allure Ink Fusion colors. These are the long-wear liquid lips and since these are darker the coverage and pigment is very good. Ambiguite is a fawn mauve brown. Idyllique is a classic deep brick red.
There are also two Rouge Coco Flash lipsticks which are a sheer finish. Flushed is a pretty coral pink with gold shimmer mixed. Lust is a sheer mauve brown.
And lastly there are two Rouge Coco Lip Colors. This formula is a classic lipstick with medium coverage and a satiny finish with a subtle shine. Adrienne is a repromote which is a pale beige pink. Attraction is a plum brown which layers to an almost black color on my lips when I give it a few swipes.
Fall colors on the face below wearing:
- Foundation – Chanel Ultra Le Teint Velvet Foundation in B50 (swatches of more colors here)
- Powder – Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless in Medium
- Blush – Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Bronze
- Highlight – Chanel Baume Essentiel in Rosee
- Eyeshadow – Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Candeur Et Seduction
- Mascara – Chanel Le Volume Mascara
- Lip Colors listed below in Flushed, Lust and Idyllique
That wraps up my review and swatches of the Chanel Fall-Winter 2020 Collection for beauty! For me the standouts are the Le Vernis nail colors as I’m a die-hard collector, although Interdit is very similar to Rouge Noir and Vamp so I can’t call it a must-have. I love the Rouge Coco Flash in Flushed. The other items performed well true to Chanel quality standards. The color palette is very pink and red which isn’t the easiest to pull off for everyday as they pull more on the trendy side.
Hope you found this post helpful! You can find the Chanel Fall-Winter 2020 Collection out now at Chanel.com. The items should be arriving at other retailers and counters soon.
Chanel Fall-Winter collection provided for review. Baume Essentiel stick purchased by me.