Today I have a 10 Things I’m Loving Right Now post and I’m rounding up my top beauty favorites right now. Narrowing down the list to ten items was a bit of a challenge as there are quite a few things I have in rotation. Here is the edited version! I had a couple questions for comparisons so I’ve added some notes below.
2. MAC Powder Kiss Liquid Lip Color in Date Maker is one of the newer formulas from MAC. They made their Powder Kiss formula into Liquid Lipstick form. I bought a couple colors but Date Maker is my favorite – it has impressive lasting power, doesn’t look too dry on the lips even though it’s matte and I love the color.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath in Walk of No Shame is the latest addition to the lip plumper gloss formula from Charlotte Tilbury. It’s a pretty soft reddish tint. This formula is amazing in all the colors – it’s actually the one that gets me the most compliments and questions when I wear it on IG Stories! I swatched the new Collagen Lip Bath in Walk of No Shame next to Pillow Talk and Rosy Glow below for reference. It’s a nice plumping gloss that has minimal tingle. (Also added swatches of the new Jewel Lips glosses below which are more pigmented and have some sparkle.)
4. Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm is worth the hype! It makes my lips soft and moisturized. I had some bad flaking and peeling going on and after using this it helped tremendously. I’m not the biggest fan of the packaging style since the tube doesn’t retain its shape when you squeeze it. But I really do like the formula.
5. Chanel Huile Douce Gentle Oil for Hair and Body* this has been a favorite for nearly a year now (featured photo is an older one I took) and it is barely half used up because a little goes a LONG way. I love it soft fresh scent it has, it absorbs into the skin nicely, doesn’t feel too greasy or heavy. If I use it overnight on the body I wake up with baby soft skin. I haven’t used it much on the hair but love it as a body oil all over.
Some of you have asked about other body recommendations so I’ve added them in this post to leave a few notes:
- Augustinus Bader Body Oil was a recent splurge and I do like it but find it a bit sticky in the finish. It is richer in formula than most oils I’ve tried and is super hydrating. It leaves a veil of moisture on the skin and makes the skin feel like it’s protected. I like that it is not scented, it didn’t irritate my skin at all, left legs and arms hydrated, but I don’t like the sticky feel. It doesn’t have a dry down or smooth feel like other oils do. It has a little hole in the top to control how much oil drips out. I think it’s good and really does hydrate, but I prefer the Chanel feel and formula.
- Kate Somerville Dry Skin Saver is one of the best unscented body creams I’ve tried. I’ve used it for years and it helps on days I have irritated skin. I think it’s reasonably priced and absorbs into the skin nicely. It’s a great no fuss no gimmick kind of product that does what it says it will do. Andrew likes this one as well! (You can still use my code SABRINA20 to save 20% off at Kate Somerville until 9/30)
- Necessaire Body Lotion is another great unscented option. In terms of how rich/thick it is I would say this is one of the lighter weight lotions for the body. For me that’s a huge plus as it absorbs quickly and nicely into the skin without feeling greasy or heavy. This is a nice unisex option as well. I felt this might have been one of those overhyped products as the ads are everywhere on my feed. I do think it’s worth the hype.
6. Gucci Eclat Soleil Bronzing Powder in Shade 3 has made my favorites list for powder bronzers. I have gotten SO many questions about this bronzer asking
- which shade is my favorite? Shade 3 is my favorite (all three swatched and reviewed here)
- do I recommend Gucci or Charlotte Tilbury? I prefer the Gucci because I like a tiny bit of shimmer and glow. The Charlotte Tilbury options (reviewed here) are matte and have a more flat matte look to them which isn’t bad, I just prefer the ones from Gucci.
7. Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Walk of No Shame is one of the prettiest soft warm rose glow blushes I’ve tried! This is a newer color in her blush formula which I LOVE for the subtle glow and color (I own all the shades). Many of you have asked whether I would recommend the Charlotte Tilbury Walk of No Shame or Hourglass Blush in At Night and I think it’s a tough pick! On my complexion the Charlotte Tilbury has a warmer finish with more glow to it while the Hourglass is a little bit more flushed cool-toned and has a more dressy feel (see At Night on my face here). If I had to pick one I would pick the Charlotte Tilbury option for everyday.
New Cle de Peau Beaute
8. Cle de Peau Beaute Radiant Fluid Foundation Matte launched recently and I think it’s amazing. It’s currently available at Nordstrom and Cle de Peau. I ordered two shades O40 (more golden/beige) and BF50 (darker and more olive) to try. I tan easily and at this time of year I’m normally more tan. However with everything going on in the world we have been limiting our beach trips and with hurricane season here we’ve had a lot of wind and rain so we haven’t been out as much as we’d like. Right now O40 is a great match for me. I can make BF50 work but it’s very olive and is a little too dark on me.
Formula is one of the best soft matte foundations I’ve tried. It has medium to full coverage, has minimal oxidizing when it sets/dries down, lasts all day, doesn’t look dry or cakey. I think it’s a winner! I haven’t tried other Cle de Peau foundation formulas in a long time so I can’t compare, but I really like this matte one.
Side notes: Cle de Peau also added new shades of the Concealer Stick and Radiant Corrector for Eyes. I ordered both in one of the new shades Buff which is a good match for concealing. I still like Ocher for some brightening on my skin tone. I will have a separate and more detailed review on this in an upcoming foundation roundup. For now I hope this helps you!
Quick look at the Cle de Peau Radiant Fluid Foundation Matte in O40 on my skin at the top. Bottom photo I’m also wearing the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Walk of No Shame on the Eyes, Cheek to Chic Blush in Walk of No Shame, Collagen Lip Bath in Walk of No Shame along with their Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes Mascara. Tee shirt is from Madewell.
Fragrance – Jo Malone and Le Labo
9. Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne is one of my favorite perfumes! It’s a unique unisex scent that has a mix of ambrette, sea salt and sage. It’s hard for me to describe but it’s the best year-round scent I own. I own it in multiple sizes in the 100 ml size and 50 ml size because I love it so much. The minis are harder to find but you can find it in a Wood Sage Sea Salt + English Pear Duo or Wood Sage + Peony Blush Suede Duo at Sephora. If you wait until holiday they usually have 5-piece mini sets as well.
10. Le Labo Another 13 is one I bought in the Nordstrom Travel Spray Duo with Santal 33 and Another 13. As with most of their perfumes you can find it in a wide range of size options and sets. Another 13 is a musky mix of amber, moss and jasmine. For me it is another hard one to describe but it feels fresh and musk but not too powdery. If you’re hesitant about buying perfumes without smelling them and don’t have a store near you – they have some discovery set options on their Le Labo website. If you’re a Le Labo fan can you tell me if I need to try any of their city exclusives?
That wraps up my Top 10 this month! Let me know if you want another one for skin, hair or home. Would love to hear about what you’re loving right now. I hope you are all doing well and staying safe and sane. We are hanging in there!
Press samples have a * next to them. All other items purchased by me.