Sisley launched a new gloss called Le Phyto Gloss ($55 each) and I’ve fallen completely in love with the formula and colors! These are hydrating lip glosses with a mix of oils including macadamia, shea and Vitamin E to help soften and nourish the lips. There are 10 shades total – 5 have a reflective micro sparkle shimmer and 5 are more of a non-shimmer shine. The Sisley team sent four colors and I was so enamored with them I ordered four more.
The Sisley Le Phyto Gloss comes with a sponge tip applicator. They are smooth and cushiony with a slightly sticky feel but not overly tacky. I cannot detect any scent or taste. They adhere well to the lips without feeling like they’ll slide around and last a decent amount of time for a gloss. I’ve been wearing these alone but you can also layer over a liner or lipstick. The glitter/shimmers have a tiny bit of texture to them but it’s not too chunky or noticeable after it sets on the lips.
These glosses are thicker in texture with more coverage compared to the Phyto Lip Delight Lip Oils. The new Sisley Le Phyto Glosses also have a little bit more pigment – coverage wise I’d say they’re medium. Not quite super sheer, but definitely not full-coverage opaque.
I think every single color is easy to wear and beautiful. After testing these I found myself drawn more to the deeper and brighter shades although I’m still a neutral lip lover.
Colors swatched below:
Swatched on the lips below, other makeup details:
- Foundation – Tom Ford Soleil Glow Tinted Moisturizer in Dune 5.7
- Powder – Sisley Blur Expert Powder *
- Bronzer – Sisley Phyto Touche Sun Glow Bronzing Powder (current version has gold packaging)
- Blush – Sisley Phyto-Blush Twist in 02 Fushia *
- Eyeshadows – Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Quad in Desert Haze (swatched here) + Sisley Les Phyto Ombre in Metallic Pink*
- Eyeliner – Chanel Le Liner de Chanel* (reviewed and swatched here)
- Mascara – Chanel Le Volume Revolution Mascara in Noir
- Lips – Sisley Le Phyto Gloss* (shades all swatched below)
- Top brush – Laura Mercier Blending Brush*
- Bottom bronzer brush – Laura Mercier Bronzer Brush*
- Makeup Bag – Cuyana Vanity Case*
- Tee – Everlane
- Nail Polish – Chanel Le Vernis in Coralium
1 Moon is a sparkly white shimmer
2 Aurora is a shimmery soft light pink with silver sparkles
3 Sunrise is a shimmery lighter pink, similar to but lighter than Aurora
4 Twilight is a shimmering rose
6 Paradise is a sparkling coral
7 Venus is a shimmery nude pearl
8 Milky Way is a light milky baby pink (the best baby pink I’ve ever tried!)
9 Sunset is a sheer blue based red, almost looks more pink on my lips
Overall I think these are a solid A+. At $55 each these are quite the splurge but I think they perform really well. There’s no settling into my fine lip lines, they don’t slide around off my lips, they feel nice and cushiony, colors are right up my alley.
My favorites are Milky Way (because it’s so hard for me to find a good wearable milky pink) and Paradise (because I love a good coral). If you’re super sensitive or picky with texture I do want to note that you can feel the glitter/sparkle slightly if you smack your lips together. But other than that it’s pretty subtle texture-wise.
You can find the Sisley Le Phyto Gloss out now. Available at Sisley-Paris, Beautylish, Saks and all other Sisley retailers. Have you tried these yet? If not what’s your current go-to favorite for gloss?
Press samples indicated with a * in the post. 4 shades of Le Phyto Gloss provided for review and 4 purchased by me.