I’m back with a round up of 10 things I’m loving right now – all things I purchased on my own with a few items that are repurchases! Things have been a bit slow on the blog the past few weeks with some unexpected personal things going on in our life. I’m not quite ready to talk about it yet but don’t worry, we are 100% ok! I will have the Pat McGrath Skin Fetish Sublime Perfection Foundation post up tomorrow, I wanted to make sure I put everything to an extensive test before I posted a full review for you.
Beauty purchases I’ve been loving:
1. MAC Lipglass in Love Nectar is one of the prettiest soft sheer peach shimmers. This isn’t the same as the original LustreGlass formula – both the formula and color are different but it’s still in the same color family. This is a repurchase for me (swatches here).
2. Real Techniques Mini Multitask Brush 407 is one I found at Walgreens in store but you can find it online at a number of places like Amazon or the Real Techniques website. It’s super cute, plush and really does a great job at multi-tasking for powder, bronzer or blush. I love how compact it is but still functional.
3. Essie Come Out to Clay is part of their fall collection Rocky Rose Collection, I checked it out in stores near me and picked out two of the colors, Come Out to Clay is the perfect light creamy peach!
4. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Mini comes in all the colors now, I’m usually the shade Ginger but they’ve added more colors and when I’m super tan Praline is the next shade up (before there were huge gaps between Ginger and the deeper tans). I think the mini size is a nice way to try it if you’re new to the formula and want to test it out.
5. Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner is a repurchase as well, I really love this to refresh and hydrate the skin. I have combination skin this season. It tends to dry out if I’m indoors with the A/C and then becomes oily when I’m outside because the humidity this time of year is INTENSE! This soothes and hydrates. I usually buy the mini sizes even though full sizes are the better buy (value wise).
6. Pat McGrath Mini Lip Fetish Balm Trio has the clear, Blow Up and Flesh3 minis of her Lip Fetish Balm swatched here. I’m the biggest sucker for minis and just bought these to throw in my purse. Since I’m loving mini bags right now I’ve needed to downsize my card case, lip products, etc. I haven’t used the minis yet but I really love the full sizes. She also has mini trios in the MatteTrance and Mini Lust Gloss Trio (several color options available).
7. Omorovica Peachy Micellar Cleanser Pads were on my radar a few weeks ago and I splurged to buy them. The tub is huge but in a good way. Pads are sturdy so they don’t disintegrate when you wipe them on your face and they don’t leave any fibers or greasy residue. I like this as a first step or second step cleanser. They’re gentle, hydrating and effective for face makeup. The scent is something I was really concerned about ordering this sight unseen but it’s a really pleasant subtle peach and after a couple minutes I do not smell any residual scent and the fragrance did not irritate my skin.
8. Oribe Royal Blowout Spray is another repurchase. I really like this as a heat protectant and smoother before I blow dry my hair. I also mix in some of the Moroccanoil Treatment or some kind of serum, but the spray makes a huge difference to protect ends and add shine. It’s lightweight and doesn’t weigh down the hair. You can try this in a mini size which is pretty spendy but I always buy the full size option.
Last but not least are some Chanel neutral favorites. I’m obsessed with their neutrals! The Organdi Le Vernis is probably in my top five neutral polishes of all time. Recent lip repurchases:
9. Rouge Coco Gloss in Noce Moscata is the prettiest glossy pink beige with subtle shimmer. Anytime I wear this it gives that plush natural your lips but better soft pink glow and I’m always asked “what’s on your lips?” Another popular neutral is Caramel 716 which is a cream and more opaque. Lip swatches here.
10. Le Rouge Crayon de Couleur is a hit or miss for many because you can’t sharpen the tip. It’s a twist up crayon and as you use it the tip becomes flatter/chubbier. I still love these for the glossy finish. It’s been a while since I’ve used up some of the colors and I repurchased two Beige Rose (swatched here) and Bois Rose (swatched here).
That wraps up some of my favorite recent beauty buys! What have you been loving lately? For those who keep asking about the white cosmetic case I’ve been featuring in some photos, it’s the Cuyana Vanity Case in Ecru.