Bobbi Brown launched a new lip formula called the Crushed Liquid Lip Balm ($26 each for 6 ml/.2 fl oz). These are saturated balm-like colors with a liquid lipstick kind of vibe. There are 14 color options with neutrals, bolds and brights. They’re very comfortable on the lips with a moisturizing but lightweight feel. The Crushed Liquid Lips are scented just like her regular lipsticks – it’s a little fruity with a lipstick scent mixed together. Finish has a soft shine cream with medium to full coverage. Everything applies smoothly and all the colors are very wearable for any kind of occasion or mood. There were only two shades I felt was a little streaky because of the contrast to my lip but it smooths out with a little extra blending. Lychee Baby and Cool Beets needed a little more blending but they weren’t too high maintenance.
I love everything about these. I love the packaging where you can see the actual color from the tube. The applicators are really cute too with a beveled tip sponge – it’s not your typical sponge tip, I think the design is really well made.
Colors and swatches below. I feel like the reds look really similar on me:
- Lychee Baby is a soft peachy nude, this one requires a little blending but you’ll see in the lip swatches it smooths out, I thought it would be too pale for me but it’s not!
- Hippy Shake is a pale cool mauve pink
- Juicy Date is the perfect pinky brown cream
- Give A Fig is a pinkish fig pink
- Peach and Quiet is a medium bright pink peach
- Mango Mood is a bright coral red
- Main Squeeze is a bright pinkish red
- Cherry Crush is a bold deep red cherry
- Big Apple is a bright red
- Bitter Sweet is a mauve plum with blue tones
- In A Jam is a berry mauve plum with neutral tones
- Smoothie Move is a brown pink
- Haute Cocoa is a cocoa brown
- Cool Beets is a dark purple in the tube, it applies more like a berry stain, this one also requires a little blending, I think it would be flawless over a matching lip liner pencil
All swatched on bare lips, the colors cover the lip entirely. They don’t bleed or migrate.
I tried hard to find one downside and was hard pressed to find any. Lasting power isn’t like a liquid lipstick since it has a balmy feel. You will have to reapply but I found they stayed put well for a few hours. They adhere better to the lips compared to a stick balm like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines or YSL Volupte Shines. I think these have a solid A+. I mixed Lychee Baby and Juicy Date together for a perfect neutral. I’m not sure that I could pick a favorite, but when I tested these I started from light to deep. I was impressed with every single color.
Below wearing Lychee Baby with new hair highlights! It’s been three months since my first appointment and I went in for something different and a little bit lighter. Makeup worn:
- Foundation – Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation in Buff
- Powder – La Mer Pressed Powder in Light
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Brilliant Nude + Incandescent Electra mixed
- Eyeshadow – Tom Ford Iris Bronze
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duo in Taupe
- Lip Color – Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip in Lychee Baby
- Sweater – Everlane Cashmere Waffle (other colors/styles reviewed here)
- Denim – Madewell (also shown here and here)
- Makeup Bag – The Daily Edited
You can find the Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip Color Balms out now. There are 14 colors available and they retail for $26 each. Available at Bobbi Brown, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Sephora, Neiman Marcus and all other Bobbi Brown counters.
Crushed Liquid Lip provided by Bobbi Brown for review.