As promised I have another round of beauty empties of things Andrew and I have used up in the last couple months! (Round 1 here.) As usual most of our empties are skincare-related but I have a mix of everything from makeup, hair care, skincare and men’s grooming. If you have any recent empties let me know in the comments!
I’ve been experimenting more with makeup wipes but at the end of the day my favorites are still the Koh Gen Do and MAC Gently Off. Skincare I used up in March and April:
- Bioderma Sensibio H20 mini – Always a fan of this gentle cleansing water, it doesn’t remove all my long-wear makeup or waterproof mascara, but it’s a good first pass on low-key makeup days (I always double or triple cleanse).
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes – I might be the only one who did not like these, they had an odd scent to me, even though they’re designed for sensitive skin, I also felt like they didn’t have enough moisture in them.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Micellar Wipes – I bought the mini 10 pack to try, another one I think is just ok, but not amazing. The liquid bottle of Take the Day Off is superior by far. Wish the wipes performed the same.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water (All-In-1 Waterproof) – A great drugstore cleansing water, I have another mini and full size I keep in different rooms for easy access when I’m swatching.
- Glossier Coconut Balm Dot Com – Obsessed with anything coconut!
- Kate Somerville Eradikate Cleanser – One of my favorites (and Andrew’s favorite from Kate Somerville)
- Kate Somerville Eradikate Mask – A great gentle anti-acne foaming mask that doesn’t sting.
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Wipes – Probably the best I’m ever going to find, wish they just weren’t so pricey! I also love these post-workout if I’m out away from home (ie running or outdoors).
- Kopari Coconut Mini Melt – This was a mini from an older version of their Multitasking Kit, I had a little bit left over and used it in the bath! I’ve since restocked on more!
- Sephora Collection Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes – These were decent, but not as good as the Koh Gen Do version, definitely a great affordable option and very gentle on the skin.
- Tatcha The Watercream (mini) – I had several of these partially used ones, I went through 3 of them (only 1 is shown) – also available in this duo set.
Andrew’s empties from the last couple months include:
- Aesop Mouthwash – This is his second bottle and he put it on his list to repurchase a third one this week.
- Baxter Grooming Cream – A gentle and not overly greasy grooming cream for the hair.
- Jack Black Turbo Wash (not shown) – This is his favorite body wash + shampoo in one with a good lather and cleanses the skin well. (I often borrow it.) We buy the largest size with a pump. I think I might have purchased this over 50 times since we discovered this.
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve – This is his favorite hand cream because it’s the most moisturizing one he’s used and he likes that it’s not really scented.
- L’Occitane L’Occitan Roll-On Deodorant – He just went through 2 of these and we just stopped by L’Occitane today and bought him two more, he likes that it doesn’t irritate his sensitive under arms and lasts all day. He loves the natural way the L’Occitan line for men smells (they also have shower gels, cologne etc.).
- Le Labo Shower Gel Mandarin – He discovered the Le Labo shower gels that I ordered and is obsessed with the scent, it’s really strong in the shower or bath, he thinks Hinoki and Mandarin are the best ones. Note these are the newer ones which I think smell a lot stronger and better than the ones that coincide with the perfumes.
- Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen – Our favorite, but if you read this blog you already know that!
Home candles I burned up and a fancy detergent I’ve become obsessed with:
- Boy Smells Candle in Gardener – Most of these come in the black jar, I found the white jar as a limited-edition release sometime last year, this smells like a fresh garden that isn’t too floral or too green, it’s the perfect in between of sweet and fresh.
- Diptyque Baies Candle – Always a favorite! Burned up another full size and small size.
- Diptyque Tomas Maier Palm Beach – Smells of a tropical vacation with iris, jasmine, lemon, salt and grass (Diptyque boutique exclusive). Aside from Baies this is probably the one I’ve burned the second most. I stocked up the last time I was at boutique!
- Diptyque Holiday 2017 Incense Tears Phoenix – Limited-edition release, previously reviewed here, I have plenty of other candles to explore but wish I had bought a backup of this one!
- Diptyque Miami Candle – Another great fresh tropical scent that smells of lime, magnolia, citrus and a hint of vanilla (available only in Miami boutiques).
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Laundry Detergent – This comes in three forms that are currently exclusive to Neiman Marcus, there is one for light clothes, dark clothes and a fabric softener, the detergent smells like a more fresh grown up version of the perfume, it has enough strength to be noticeable on the clothes and sheets, we can smell it on our sheets for several days before it fades, I used up the Light version first and immediately bought it again along with the other two. I highly recommend these.
A Little Bit of Everything Else
- Drybar On The Rocks Shampoo and Conditioner – I really loved both of these for a clarifying shampoo and gentle conditioner, I’m considering buying again but currently experimenting with other formulas and brands.
- Oribe Cleansing Crème for Moisture and Control – One of my favorite cleansing creams to re-hydrate dry hair, I’ve gone through so many bottles I’ve lost count!
- Sisley Hair Rituel Regenerating Hair Care Mask – Full review on Sisley Hair Rituel soon, but this is the best hair mask I’ve ever tried, it’s designed to nourish both the scalp and hair, it leaves hair soft and tangle free and shiny!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rosegold (mini) – My most-used cream shadow base for an all over wash or base for powder shadows.
- L’Occitane Lavande Lavender Foaming Bath – Creates the best bath bubbles EVER! Also love the relaxing scent.
- Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara Regular and the Total Temptation Mascara Waterproof – I was really underwhelmed by both of these, I had really high hopes they would work but they fell short of my expectations. The waterproof version is decent and makes for a great layering mascara, but I feel there are much better ones out there on the market for me.
- Beautyblender Liquid Beautycleanser – I need to find this in a supersize version or cheaper alternative because I go through this way too fast. I know so many of you like baby shampoo, I don’t like using it because it always leaves a film on the brushes no matter how much I rinse.
- HUM Hair Sweet Hair Gummies – When I bought these in March they were a Sephora exclusive, but now they’re available elsewhere like Nordstrom, I found they tasted AMAZING but results were just ok. My hair did grow a little over 2 inches within 1 month and I noticed it was stronger with less breakage. However I don’t typically measure my hair growth so I don’t know if this was more than usual. I didn’t see any added shine or bounce so I’ve now switched to trying Nature’s Bounty (will report once those are finished).
That wraps it up for the last couple months of empties! As usual let me know what you’ve used up recently, would love to know what you’re using! Do you use any biotin supplements that you love or have any favorite hair masks/face wipes?
The only press sample featured is the Sisley Hair Rituel mask. All other items purchased by me.