I have another round of Pat McGrath Labs lip products to review today including her Lip Fetish Lip Balm ($38, exclusive to Pat McGrath) and more shades of her LuxeTrance and Matte Trance Lipsticks ($38 each, available at Pat McGrath and Sephora). I discovered her lip products last holiday and reviewed nine of her lipsticks in this post here. I think her lipsticks are among the best I have ever tried for the creamy texture, rich pigment, smooth application and color selection. If you haven’t tried them I highly recommend you do.
Since my initial review, I purchased two more lipsticks and her lip balm. She has also launched new shades and I received three shades as press samples. Everything is excellent in quality, pigment, and lasting power. They do run on the high side price-wise but I think her products are 100% worth the splurge. Update: The shade I labeled Full Bodied is actually called Full Blooded. Sorry for the typo!
Thoughts, swatches and lip swatches below.
- Lip Fetish Lip Balm is something exclusive to her website and it keeps selling out. It has restocked a couple times it since the initial launch and I admit I did not have high expectations for this. $38 for a lip balm is steep although I do own more expensive options. I have been completely impressed with this formula. It’s smooth, nicely hydrating and feels amazing. I wish I had kept the box so I could share the ingredients with you, but unfortunately I did not.
- La Beija (LuxeTrance formula) is a peachy beige, this one was constantly sold out at my local Sephora. I snapped it up as soon as I saw it back in stock and like it for a peachy color. It can run a little dark for my taste, I think Vendetta or Donatella have a more neutral undertone which make them both easier for me to wear.
- Femmebot (MatteTrance formula) is medium pink with blue tones, it’s not too blue on my skin so it’s very wearable for me. Sextrology is a bit more neutral. It has a soft sheen to it even though it has a matte finish. It’s more of a modern matte to me.
- Venus in Furs (MatteTrance formula) is a neutral-cool rose, to me this pulls almost grey on my lips. It has a similar vibe to the NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Paradise Garage. On my lips, Venus in Furs is a darker version of 1995.
- Vendetta (MatteTrance) is a bold matte red. I’ve said that the Christian Louboutin Rouge is the best classic red I’ve tried. I think Vendetta comes in very close behind. This one has a more glossy finish in the lip swatch because at this point in lip swatching and wiping my lips were dry so I had to apply balm underneath.
- Full Blooded (MatteTrance) is one of the prettiest bold plums I’ve ever seen.
A few swatch comparisons. You can see these reviewed in my original Pat McGrath Labs LuxeTrance, MatteTrance, Permagel Eye and Lip Pencil Review. I’m missing Sextrology because I forgot to add it in the swatch lineup. I’ve added Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk for reference as it’s one of my favorite everyday neutrals.
Overall thumbs up on everything. I gravitate towards neutrals and she has a lot of amazing colors for neutral lip lovers. There is a nice range of different undertones to suit every skin color. They do have a soft vanilla scent but I love it. Lip products are full coverage but have a smooth finish. Long-time readers know I don’t like matte finish lipsticks in general. Her MatteTrance lipsticks have a velvety matte that doesn’t look flat or dry. They feel comfortable on the lips and last a long time. Her Lip Fetish Lip Balm was definitely worth the splurge for me. I’m not sure it’s something I’ll repurchase once I use up, but I do really like it and find it’s nice to have a balm in a twist up form that is dense enough that it doesn’t break at the base.
Out of all the new shades, my favorites are Femmebot and Full Blooded. In terms of her best neutrals for me I still like Realness and Sextrology the most. Bottom line there is a lot to love, formula and color-wise. I was really intrigued by Peep Show at Sephora but I swatched it on my hand and felt it was going to be a little too pale for me (Valletta is the best light-neutral for me in her lineup).
You can find Pat McGrath Labs products at Pat McGrath and Sephora. Have you tried any of her lip products? What did you think? P.S. Today is the last day of the Sephora Spring Bonus Event! Don’t forget to enter the promo codes to save 10 to 15% off!
- Rouge Members: receive 15% off 4/20 through 4/23, use code YAYROUGE
- VIB Members: receive 15% off 4/20 through 4/23, use code YAYVIB
- BI Members: receive 10% off 4/20 through 4/23, use code YAYINSIDER
Venus in Furs, Vendetta and Full Bodied are press samples. All others purchased by me.