For the upcoming fall season Creed has launched two new additions to their line. There’s a new Les Royales Exclusives perfume in White Amber ($545 to $985) and to celebrate this new launch they’ve also released a sampler coffret with 6 vials of each of the Royales Exclusives scents for $70. Both are currently exclusive to the Creed Boutique (online and in stores). The special thing about the coffret is that it comes with a $50 voucher you can use toward a future purchase of any CreedBoutique.com purchase of $215 or greater. If you’ve been curious about the Les Royales Exclusives line but don’t have a store or counter near you or want to take some time with samples to explore or enjoy these this is a great set.
Based on previous posts I’ve been thrilled to find quite a few of you are already devoted fans of Creed. This is one of the most luxurious expensive perfume lines I’ve tried and since perfume is such a personal thing I have been really excited to find quite a few other Creed lovers. For those not familiar with the line, you can take a peek into their beautiful New York Boutique here (you can also read about it on Cafe Makeup here). Creed is a family owned business that has been passed down from father to son for seven generations.
The Les Royales Exclusives line is their premium line made with the highest quality ingredients – which are handpicked and many are rare or hard to find. Each of the six fragrances are designed, made and filtered by hand. The presentation is just exquisite and a work of art. They are bottled in a hand-crafted glass bottle by centuries-old Parisian glassmaker, Pochet. The newest scent White Amber is described as a fruity floral. On me I love the dry down which has notes of soft amber, jasmine, apple with a tiny bit of sandalwood and a slight powdery feel. It’s a light fresh unique kind of perfume and it’s one I can see myself wearing as a light fall scent or one for spring. The bottles are the prettiest thing I think I’ve ever seen – it looks like something royalty would have on their dressers or bathroom counters.
- Top note: Amber, vanilla, blackcurrant and green apple
- Middle note: Italian and Moroccan jasmine, benzoin
- Base note: Indian sandalwood, jasmine, benzoin
At $500+ per bottle these are quite the splurge. I would personally have put these on my wishlist for a special occasion like an anniversary gift, but I am beyond thankful that Creed offered to send these for a feature. I just took a look at their website though and don’t know if this is new – but some of these are now available in a smaller bottle and lower price point of $250 for 1 oz/30 ml – I’ll note which ones are available below. I already own and love Jardin d’Amalfi. I’ve smelled the rest on a couple other occasions at Lucky Scent and the Creed New York Boutique and they are all beautiful.
The Coffret is a sampler that has all 6 of the Les Royales Exclusives scents for $70. Each purchase will come with a redeemable voucher promo code of $50 you can use exclusively on CreedBoutique.com, valid until 09/30/17. Per their site, “Promo code available in the Coffret must be entered at checkout. Only one redemption per Coffret. Promo codes cannot be combined in the same order. Taxes and shipping fees are excluded from the discount. Not valid for cash.”
Quick note – roses were my hubby’s Valentine’s Day gift to me in February. He bought them from Venus Et Fleur which carries boxed roses that last an entire year. I’ve been documenting how they look each month on Instagram because I was really skeptical that they would last that long. Will be doing a post about them – not sure if I’ll wait for the entire year or do it earlier, but I’m so impressed!
In the set with my thoughts on each one:
- Jardin d ‘Amalfi has noticeable notes of mandarin, apple, rose and a hint of cedar mixed with pink pepper
- Top note: Mandarin, bergamot, pink pepper, petit grain
- Middle note: Cedar, apple, rose
- Base note: Vetiver from Haiti, White musk, cinnamon
- White Flowers is a beautiful spring fresh scent, it’s a white floral with a green feel
- Top note: Violet leaves, green apple, lemon
- Middle note: Jasmine, geranium, rose
- Base note: Musk, sandalwood, narcissus
- Spice and Wood smells just like a natural earthy mix of spice and wood, it has a masculine feel with notes of cedar, this is something I think would be amazing on my husband, but for now his go-to is Aventus for Men
- Top note: Apple, bergamot, lemon
- Middle note: Angelic root, pinkberries, vetiver, patchouli, cloves, pimento (Jamaican pepper), birch
- Base note: Iris, cedarwood, oakmoss, Tonkin Musk
- White Amber (described above)
- Sublime Vanille is the best vanilla I’ve ever smelled, I’m not one who can wear vanilla easily, I’d rather burn it in a candle than wear it as most are just too sweet, this has a cozy feel with a warm vanilla spice feel and a hint of lemon
- Top note: Vanilla from Comoros (Africa), Tonka bean
- Middle note: White bergamot, lemon
- Base note: Bergamot, Tonkin musk
- Pure White Cologne is a clean crisp citrus with lemon, pear and petite grain, it dries down to a soft feel
- Top note: Lemon, bergamot, grapefruit
- Middle note: Galbanum, pear, petite grain
- Base note: Ambergris, White Musk, rice Powder
- On Creedboutique.com, the following are available in the 1 oz/30 ml travel size for $250: White Flowers, Sublime Vanille, Pure White and Jardin d’Amalfi
Bottom line the coffret is definitely worth looking into. I wish more perfume brands would do this – even though the $70 seems spendy for tiny vials, the fact that it will come with a $50 voucher makes it more than reasonable (in my opinion). White Amber is a gorgeous addition to the line – I really love the way it dries down. Lasting power in general for Creed is very good for me but your mileage may vary depending on your body chemistry. To date my favorite summer scent is Virgin Island Water reviewed here). It’s literally the best vacation scent and perfect for the Florida weather that I’m living in. I wear it constantly. My husband’s go-to has been Aventus for Men and it’s seduction in a bottle – to me it’s the ultimate hot guy scent.
You can find both White Amber and the Les Royales Exclusives Sampler Coffret exclusively at Creedboutique.com now. White Amber will roll out to Neiman Marcus in early August. Have you tried anything from Creed lately?
Les Royales Exclusives and Coffret provided courtesy of Creed for review.