Charlotte Tilbury has launched two new lipsticks in Pillow Talk and Valentine for spring, both currently exclusive online to Charlotte Tilbury. True to her style of wanting to help women create an entire look, she also has launched corresponding look sets with existing permanent colors for eyes and lips to go with each lipstick color. Pillow Talk is a pinky nude and comes in the Matte Revolution formula and matches the Lip Cheat Lip Pencil in Pillow Talk exactly. The color is one of my favorites for liners and the idea of launching it in a lipstick is just pure genius. Valentine is in the K.I.S.S.I.N.G formula and is a baby pink. I think Charlotte Tilbury makes some of the best neutrals and light nudes for the lips and this one has a very girly soft romantic vibe. Both colors have medium coverage that is buildable to full coverage.
Pillow Talk is a pinky nude, depending on the light it can look more coral or warm, but for the most part it’s a neutral nude pink color. I find it similar to Very Victoria Matte Revolution but Pillow Talk is warmer and by comparison makes Very Victoria look like it has a slight grey undertone. This is the perfect everyday neutral – not too light, not too dark, not too pink and yet not too brown.
Valentine K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick is a baby pink. I suspect it might not be the easiest for everyone to pull off. I think Bitch Perfect is easier to wear because it’s slightly deeper and also has just a tad bit more beige.
I received the Naturally Beautiful Date Look Makeup Kit with Pillow Talk for review but being the Charlotte Tilbury fan that I am, I actually already own all the items in the set from previous purchases. Love Glow Cheek to Chic blush is one of the prettiest soft glowy blushes I own. Since I don’t believe I reviewed the Golden Goddess or Love Glow items before I’ve swatched them here for reference. You can buy the items individually or in the set:
- Love Glow in Cheek to Chic Blush has a mix of soft pink and peach to brighten the skin, it has a soft shimmer that glows but doesn’t look frosted
- Feline Flick Eyeliner is a true black liquid liner
- Full Fat Lashes is a thick black mascara
- Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in Golden Goddess has a shimmering sand, olive brown tan shimmer, brown glitter (this is one of her least glittery shades therefore making it really wearable even for everyday), shimmering bronze
- Pillow Talk Matte Revolution
- Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Pencil
Quick look using the Pillow Talk Naturally Beautiful Date Look kit. Foundation worn is the Armani Power Fabric in Shade 4 (c/o) and 6 mixed (still testing but will have review soon).
For those who like the comparisons, two sets below in case you want to shop your stash for similar colors. I’ll say right now I think Pillow Talk Matte Revolution is a must-have. It’s one I know I’ll be reaching for frequently. It’s a great neutral that won’t wash out the complexion and isn’t too light.
- MAC Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare and Soar
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude (also reviewed here)
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk
- Charlotte Tilbury KISSING Lipstick in Valentine
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Between the Sheets (d/c, review here)
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Very Victoria (review here and here)
- Charlotte Tilbury KISSING Lipstick in Bitch Perfect (on lips here)
Comparison Set 2:
- Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo in Futurist (review here)
- MAC Liptensity in Toast & Butter, Doe, Medium Rare (review here)
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Liv It Up (on lips here)
- Chanel Le Rouge Crayon de Couleur in Beige Rose (review here)
I’m beyond obsessed with the Pillow Talk in lipstick form. I hope it’s permanent and here to stay because the color is just perfect. I like Valentine but I think it’s one of those shades that might be higher maintenance for some just because it’s lighter. Valentine is definitely wearable even with my pigmented lips but I prefer Pillow Talk all the way.
You can find both shades now exclusively online at Charlotte Tilbury. Pillow Talk Matte Revolution and Valentine KISSING Lipstick are $32 each. Look sets range in price depending on what is in each kit (products vary per look). The Secret to Seduction Look is $165. The Naturally Beautiful Date Look is $190.
Are these on your radar or wishlist?
The Naturally Beautiful Date Look set provided for review. Valentine purchased by me.