Dior Mystic Metallics: Bonne Étoile 384 Couture Color Eyeshadow Palette

Dior Bonne Étoile 384 Couture Color Eyeshadow Palette is this season’s star product for eyes ($61, limited-edition, at Nordstrom). The palette has the most beautiful embossed star patterns. Each color is richly pigmented with varying degrees of shimmer and sparkle. Even those who avoid shimmers will love this one. I am not usually brave enough to wear bright teals or greens on the eyes but the colors in this palette are deep enough to not be over-the-top. The colors include a deep rich khaki olive gold, a chocolate brown with gold flecks, a sparkly silvery-taupe, a deeper green-teal sparkle and a soft seafoam green shimmer. The shimmers adhere well to the eye, but you still need a good primer to avoid fall out from the teal and taupe (I experienced just a slight bit). Five colors on one eye can be challenging to pull off, but the colors layer nicely together. I played with this today and found the combinations to be endless. Applying the darker shades with a slightly damp brush intensified the colors nicely for a more dramatic look.

Swatched:

I don’t own any other palette similar, although I suspect each shade is similar to other individual colors. I think you can probably achieve a similar effect with some Urban Decay or even MAC singles, although I do think this Dior palette will be a bit more conservative and easier to wear for those who prefer neutrals. I don’t own many teals or greens so this was perfect for me. I’m still testing out the other option Constellation 864, but I can say right now that I definitely prefer this Bonne Étoile 384.
You can find Bonne Étoile 384 in stores at Nordstrom now and also online at Nordstrom.com.

Follow the beauty look book via Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

Comments

1. July 14, 2013 / 11:34 pm

The eyeshadows looked great! I love how metallic these are. They are colours I will definitely wear for pop of colour or as a whole for special occasion. 🙂

2. July 15, 2013 / 12:17 am

I love the duochrome colors, thanks for the swatches doll!

3. July 15, 2013 / 2:01 am

that middle shade in your swatches….i love it!

• Jax
      July 15, 2013 / 6:55 am

Me too, it's gorgeous isn't it.

4. July 15, 2013 / 2:19 am

This is so beautiful and even though I don't normally wear teals I thought that it was balanced enough to order it. Looking forward to receiving it! 🙂

5. July 15, 2013 / 3:26 am

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! Haven't purchased a Dior eye shadow quint in some time, but I'm definitely tempted by this one! Both the shades and the design are lovely 🙂

6. July 15, 2013 / 3:42 am

Oh gosh, I NEED THIS!!! They shades seem SO pigmented, and many of them seem unique enough! This one must be SO much fun to use!

7. July 15, 2013 / 4:23 am

Beautiful! Can't wait to get my hands on this! So pigmented 🙂 Thanks for the swatches!

8. July 15, 2013 / 5:08 am

Oh so gorgeous! This is a perfect party eye palette, I've not been able to decide which Dior palette should be my first..this one steals the show

9. July 15, 2013 / 9:30 am

Well, this really did not disappoint! I'm impressed by the rich colour pay-off and I really love the finish as well! The colours are too pretty!

10. July 15, 2013 / 11:48 am

This is one of the best palettes I've ever owned from Dior. My Fave!!! Pics and swatches are gorgeous, as always!

11. July 16, 2013 / 2:16 am

interesting colors. I like the brown the most. The left most one reminds me of a color in wet and wild palette. Always wondered how that one would look.

12. July 16, 2013 / 2:35 am

Gahhh–I was going to pass on this–until I saw your swatches. Then I just caved and had to have it. Right when I was going to order it, it suddenly wasn't available–I was still able to order it though–I SO want it now.

13. July 16, 2013 / 11:36 pm

I'm so looking forward to having this. I am excited about that khaki. I can't pull off 5 colors on my eyes but I love the different combinations that it seems you can make with this palette. Gorgeous pictures and I'm so glad I've got this on its way.

14. July 19, 2013 / 6:51 pm

This palette is drop dead gorgeous! I've really been missing out on a lot since my last Dior purchase a year ago :/

15. July 22, 2013 / 8:02 pm

Oh my god, look at that shimmer! I don't think I was expecting quite so much complexity from this one — every other post I've seen it in has made it look like something I could pass on, but the way you've caught the shimmer is absolutely breathtaking.

I feel like it's a fleeting feeling, but for the moment? I am completely in love with the way you've captured these shades.