Deborah Lippmann Moon Rendezvous

Deborah Lippmann Moon Rendezvous ($17 at Neimans and Nordstrom) is part of the Romantic Rapture Collection for spring 2013. It’s a beautiful sparkling steel blue with a slight transparent finish. The shimmer is quite complex in the bottle. There are flashes of teal, steel gray, blue and pearl. On the nails it applies more like a soft pearly baby blue – more so than what you see in the bottle. It’s not quite a jelly-finish polish, but it has a soft transparent quality. I applied with two coats, but probably could have used a third for full coverage.

Swatched, here you see more of a powder baby blue shimmer:

Here the pearly frost is more visible:

Comparisons: Deborah Lippmann’s Moon Rendezvous is similar to OPI’s Moonraker. The difference is Deborah Lippmann’s has a more sophisticated complex shimmer while the OPI has more of a frost finish (with a bit of visible streaking due to the metallic quality). The OPI is also darker by a few shades and a bit more dramatic. NARS Full Metal Jacket is quite a few shades darker and deeper. Chanel Skyline is more of a sky blue. When Skyline is side-by-side to Moon Rendezvous you can see a bit of the teal undertone.

Bottom line – perfection.

Comments

1. Lorraine V
    January 22, 2013 / 5:55 pm

Love the soft quality of this. It is not easy for polish makers to avoid that harsh metallic frosty brushstroke problem in a silver polish. I am always falling for a silver and end up disappointed with it and feeling very grandma wearing it. Last one I tried was OPI it's Totally Fort Worth it. But I may try this Lippmann out- your swatches are undeniably gorgeous!

• January 27, 2013 / 7:38 am

I just looked up the OPI Totally Fort Worth it – such an interesting shade. I have some trouble wearing silvery nail polishes too. I think the silver/cool-toned aspect clashes with my skintone, might be the same case with you. There is something about silver in general that is challenging with my skintone (silver shadows are included). The Deborah Lippmann has enough blue/teal to make it not look too silvery on the hands. If you can get to a Nordstrom or counter to try it I highly recommend it.

2. January 22, 2013 / 6:08 pm

I'd like to think I have a pretty extensive nail polish collection, but for some reason I haven't really gotten into DL polishes! However, the more I see from her line the more I'm tempted to dive in and pick some up! Thanks for the awesome swatches and comparisons.
    xx
    Bethany

• January 27, 2013 / 7:35 am

Same with me! I don't have much Deborah Lippmann but my collection is growing 🙂 I think that Moon Rendezvous is a good one to start with 🙂

3. January 22, 2013 / 10:35 pm

oh I think that's just so pretty!!

4. January 23, 2013 / 2:12 am

Wow! This is such a gorgeous shade! I have to at least get one of them, especially the DL one!

5. January 23, 2013 / 5:50 am

I love this–it's a gorgeous pearly blue and not too metallic and most importantly, doesn't show the brush strokes! 😀

6. Candice
    January 23, 2013 / 4:25 pm

This is such a gorgeous shade! It looks great on your nails.

7. January 23, 2013 / 10:30 pm

Such a pretty shade ❤
    But in Germany we must pay 24€ for Deborah Lippmann
    🙁
    xoxo

8. January 24, 2013 / 3:14 pm

Gorgeous! You have really lovely hands, BTW!

• January 27, 2013 / 7:38 am