Burberry Mulberry No. 24 Sheer Eyeshadow Comparisons

By request, a few comparisons of various burgundy-plum-brown shimmer eyeshadows. Included shades: Le Métier de Beauté Silk Road Kalidescope (2 shades), Le Métier de Beauté Alexandrite (from Persephone Kit that was discontinued), Le Métier de Beauté Bordeaux, Guerlain Les Bois de Rose, MAC Trax and Chanel Magic Night.

Swatches, same set/order, just two different views:

I found Burberry Mulberry to be the most similar to Chanel Magic Night in color. There is only a slight difference: Chanel Magic Night has the slightest bit more plum while Burberry Mulberry has more wine/red. I hope this helps with your purchasing decisions!
On a side note, thank you everyone for your continued support and understanding with my recent blog slow down. I really appreciate your patience, comments, emails, tweets and links! To give you a brief update without going into too much detail, I’ve just been busy with projects from my regular full-time job. I’ve tried to snap a few pictures here and there when I can for the blog. Thank you again for your support. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!

Comments

1. August 18, 2012 / 12:22 pm

Thanks for the review! I actually think they're all gorgeous.

Would you say Mulberry or the Chanel is the coolest of these colors?

2. August 18, 2012 / 12:55 pm

Thanks for this. I love eyeshadows in this colour family. The Le Metier de Beaute eyeshadows in particular look absolutely stunning.

3. August 18, 2012 / 3:52 pm

I'm shocked to see how MAC Trax pulls so copper next to these other shades. What a great review!!

4. August 18, 2012 / 4:24 pm

I love this tone, I think is very classic and very chic! thanks for sharing

5. August 18, 2012 / 5:14 pm

I can feel a cranberry obsession rising within me.

6. Paige
    August 18, 2012 / 7:08 pm

I totally understand that you are busy with you full-time job. So I truly appreciate you effort in writing this post (and every single post in the past). I love reading what you have to share with us.

I was hoping for Mulberry to be lighter than Magic Night. Too bad the difference is not that much. However, I'm now intrigued by MAC Trax!

7. August 18, 2012 / 7:22 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this… now I can completely justify getting Mulberry since it isn't as close to Les Bois de Rose.

I fully understand you, since my full-time job doesn't allow me to do much blogging nor visiting blogs I like as well. But don't worry, your readers will be still here 🙂

8. August 18, 2012 / 8:53 pm

Wow,this swatch set is right in my favorite color family… gorgeous!

9. August 18, 2012 / 9:25 pm

It is almost a dupe for the Chanel color…

10. August 19, 2012 / 5:15 am

Thanks for the swatch. Work-balance is not easy. Hope you will finish your project soon and back to the blogsphere more often!

11. Jane
    August 19, 2012 / 3:07 pm

Thank you, Sabrina for these swatches! I finally picked up Mulberry (though I own a few of these). Mulberry is absolutely stunning. You make makeup shopping so fun and so informed! 🙂

12. August 19, 2012 / 4:23 pm

Great review (I adore your Blog)! I love that you show color balanced images and flash v.s. natural lighting. The comparisons and descriptions help out immensely with purchasing decisions.

I have to say, I broke down and bought the Mulberry and Dark Sable and A D O R E them! These are my first Burberry purchases, and it looks to be a real staple for me. They are so subtle yet layerable. So understated, just like their representation (& reputation) in their ads. I might have to wear them everyday for a while before I can go back to my zillions of other palettes and crayons, um, colors.

Thanks again!

13. August 19, 2012 / 8:51 pm

Ohh great swatches, Mulberry looks amazing. Also, you've made me want LMDB Alexandrite

14. August 19, 2012 / 8:52 pm

Oh great swatches, Mulberry is beautiful. Also have me wanting LMDB alexandrite

15. August 28, 2012 / 10:44 pm

Great swatches, thank you! I so love these mauvey-taupey shades…

16. August 31, 2012 / 1:07 am

I love your blog and your VERY informative swatches/reviews and comparisons. Even brands I don't buy (don't have access to) seem so interesting on your blog. You could post once a year and I will be promptly here to read soon as the post goes up…and I suspect so would a whole bunch of people 😀

17. September 2, 2012 / 3:55 pm

Thank you for yet another helpful post!!!
    I've been intrigued by Mulberry lately, but now that I see how similar it is to Magic Night, I can cross it off my wishlist!!!

18. October 6, 2012 / 3:06 pm