Chanel Beige 565 Le Vernis – First Look

Chanel.com’s exclusive Le Vernis shade in Beige 565 just arrived yesterday ($26 each). Here’s a quick look at the color plus comparisons. I couldn’t get good nail swatch photos before the sun went down. Hopefully I’ll be able to post better photos this week. Chanel Beige 565 is a true beige. I was hoping it would be a pearly beige with pinkish/pearl tones like the promotional photos online. It does have a luminous pink glow that flashes (much like Jade Rose, Rose Cache, Distraction) but it’s more of a nude-yellowish beige. I personally find it flattering and polished looking, although I’m not sure that fairer skins will like this. It might have too much yellow. Initial impressions are that this has decent coverage but it doesn’t apply flawlessly like Dragon, Riviera, Blue Boy etc. It’s not quite as difficult as say Mimosa or Riva to apply though. More thoughts to come later, but I’m happy I purchased this one.
You can see the shimmer when you hold the bottle at an angle in direct sunlight.

Comparisons to other beige-nudes below. Note that Chanel Beige Petale was not swatched because it’s so sheer. You can see it reviewed here though. I believe most of the other shades swatched have been reviewed in the past (use the search bar to find more detailed reviews and swatches). You can see that Chanel Beige is fairly unique and more of a beige-yellow nude. All photos by me. Kindly respect the copyright and do not republish without permission.

Comments

1. May 22, 2012 / 3:20 pm

Chanel Beige 565 reminds me of Deborah Lippmann's "Sugar Daddy," though perhaps more subtle. I think the pink shimmer is more evident in "Sugar Daddy."

2. May 22, 2012 / 3:43 pm

The subtle shimmer in Chanel Beige make it look so pretty, perfect for an office appropriate look. All other nudes I own are darker and more tan coloured. I think I will need to pick this one up.

3. May 22, 2012 / 4:01 pm

Very nice nude tone! I love it! thanks for sharing!

4. May 22, 2012 / 5:28 pm

Oh I like it <3
    xoxo

5. May 22, 2012 / 6:03 pm

Is Beige a rerelease? I seem to remember an interview many years ago with Pat McGrath; she mentioned Beige was her favorite nailpolish color.

6. Julia
    May 22, 2012 / 8:15 pm

Oh thank goodness, I've been hoping for an actual swatch of Beige since Chanel previewed it last week. And…I'm so happy I didn't buy it, haha! It's not bad but it doesn't do anything for me and as one of those fairer skin tone folks I rather doubt whether it would be particularly flattering on my hands. No problem for me, I'll save my pennies for something else more suitable!

7. May 22, 2012 / 8:27 pm

I am one of the fair skin people who should avoid this color. Because my pale white with cool undertones skin can look washed out with a nude, I don't have any. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone like me or ones that they've tried?

8. May 23, 2012 / 2:28 am

I'm surprised at how beige it is too! Colors like this (and Dior camel) that lack pink tones bring to mind safari somehow 🙂

9. Walls
    May 23, 2012 / 3:05 am

Thanks for sharing this product with us, Sabrina. I have to admit that I was more than curious about this shade when I first heard of its launch a few weeks ago. Beige, whilst a true to its name, lacks the peach/pink undertone that I was hoping for. It's fine, though, because I don't _need_ any more Chanel right now. I have been loving Island from the summer collection, which is more my taste.

10. May 23, 2012 / 6:27 am

I agree with Walls I been loving Island very much. Beige looks a bit boring in my opinion and I think it will not be suitable for as you said the lighter skins toons. Is does not matter already bought too much from the summer collection 🙂

11. May 23, 2012 / 10:42 am

Thanks for the swatches – you confirmed that my decision to pass on this was the right one! Of course, some of the other colors you show in this post are making me think…especially the Dior Incognito… :-}

12. May 23, 2012 / 12:00 pm

Hello
    Congratulations on the blog

Please, I could use the last two pictures (with link to your blog) on my blog?
    Hugs from Brazil
    Viviane

• May 23, 2012 / 2:08 pm

Viviane, thank you for your comment. I currently do not allow others to republish my content. I appreciate you asking but at this time I will have to say no. Thank you for understanding, all photos taken by me take a lot of time to photograph and edit before publishing, I don't like it when others just take them for their own blogs, websites, message boards etc.

13. Paige
    May 24, 2012 / 12:17 am

It is quite similar to Dior Nude Chic/Safari Beige, isn't it? I already have Safari Beige so I think I could pass this one. Plus, I've been preferring Dior's formula over Chanel's lately.

14. May 29, 2012 / 12:54 pm

Oh mine.. that's heavenly

from Nude to Camel there is not a single nuance I wouldn't pleasure my little fingers to be adorned with.