A Few Dior Mitzah Quint Comparisons

Although Dior’s Mitzah Quint is quite basic and very neutral, I had a hard time finding another palette similar. I pulled a few with similar tones but none are dupes. Above shows Dior Endless Shine, Chanel Kaska Beige and Dolce & Gabbana Nude. Unfortunately I did not get swatches of all the palettes today before the sun went down and my camera battery died. I do have Endless Shine swatched to compare for you in decent lighting so you can see the difference in shimmer/finish. Most Dior Quints have at least one high frost color, Iridescent Quints have the majority of the shades frosted. As you can see below Mitzah is satiny and almost matte.

Here is Mitzah at night swatched next to a few other palettes, Chanel Kaska Beige, Dolce & Gabbana Nude and Chanel Variations.

Some might say Mitzah is too basic and lacks luster. It doesn’t make the eyes pop or have that intense wow-factor, but it has a kick that gives a beautiful subtle defined eye that can be intensified for a soft-smoky look. I personally love it for everyday. For a bit of an extra shimmer or kick, I’d recommend layering over a more sparkly cream base to add a bit of luster.

Comments

1. September 20, 2011 / 3:46 am

I like that the Mitzah palette looks more matte. 🙂

2. September 20, 2011 / 4:22 am

I personally love the Mitzah quint! makes for a very subtle polished look

3. September 20, 2011 / 6:40 am

Mitzah Quint looks incredibly soft and rich. I'm definitely taking note. Thank you!

4. September 20, 2011 / 6:57 am

ugh I need this Mitzah palette!

5. September 20, 2011 / 9:14 am

I don't think the colors are lack luster at all. They are all earthy and lovely.

6. September 20, 2011 / 11:50 am

I am loving Mitzah!! I had a very easy time creating an eye look with this, and it can be used so many ways. A great investment!

7. September 20, 2011 / 1:41 pm

The reddish tones on chanel kaska beige stole my heart… I'm worried my cool tones would look odd with the dior mitzah but i'm such a such a sucker for leopard print!

8. Eileen
    September 20, 2011 / 4:50 pm

Another wonderful comparison post, Sabrina. Thank you for providing these.

Personally, I love the more subdued and sophisticated look of Mitzah. Not everything has to be glitter and glitz. Besides, I have plenty of options in my stash should I want to add a bit of sparkle or shimmer. Sometimes it is nice just to have an elegant, satin matte glow–something at which Edward Bess excels.

9. September 20, 2011 / 9:28 pm

See I love the colors, but really you could just pick up a UD Naked for less money….and more colors. Ehhh my only problem with high end luxury is the markup.

10. September 20, 2011 / 11:49 pm

I am trying to tell myself I don't need this, but I love a beautiful palette of elegant neutrals. Thanks for the comparisons!

11. September 21, 2011 / 2:13 am

wow thx so much for the comparisons!! i just picked up Mitzah and don't have the heart to swatch it yet lol i am glad to hear that it is rather unique despite being so wearable. can't wait to use it now!!

12. September 22, 2011 / 1:10 am

I really see "safari" when I see this palette.

At first, the warm tones turned me off, however the more swatches I see, the more beautiful it looks. I think the light mustard/caramel light tones are quite unique. The darker tones have a dice depth to them as well. Sigh, very pretty!