Chanel Fall 2011 Le Vernis Comparisons

No dupes to be found. Here are the shades Quartz, Graphite and Peridot compared to prior releases from Rococo Nail Apparel, Chanel and Dior.

The fall shades

Comparisons L to R: Rococo Nail Apparel R2T2, Chanel Trapeze, Chanel Quartz, Dior Silver Pearl, Chanel Graphite, Chanel Kaleidoscope, Chanel Peridot, Dior Timeless Gold

Swatches with 3 different views (since metallics look different depending on the light)

FYI: Polish Police has a comparison of Chanel Graphite to OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. Those who think it’s a dupe will see from her blog that it’s really not 🙂

Comments

1. June 19, 2011 / 12:13 pm

Loving how Graphite looks in these swatches! Thanks for the comparison pics. They are always so helpful!

2. June 19, 2011 / 12:34 pm

Great post! I have some metallic nailpolishes from Givenchy in Sun Silver and Sun Gold. Love them both. I hope I can grab all of the Chanel nailpolishes. Release date for Germany: August! Can´t wait!

Sandra

3. June 19, 2011 / 12:34 pm

What an amazing post! Thank you so much for all the comparisons. You can really appreciate the uniqueness of the new Chanel colors now and feel good about adding them to your collection! Graphite at first glance seems like many other shades I own, but I can appreciate it much more now as being different!

4. Tanya
    June 19, 2011 / 12:39 pm

I think Graphite looks really similar to OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous.

5. June 19, 2011 / 2:36 pm

I'm not sure I'll be able to live without Graphite until it arrives at Neiman Marcus. I've wanted to give some of the fall business to my buddies there. Hope the wait isn't long!

6. June 19, 2011 / 5:15 pm

Thank you for taking the time to do this, this has been super helpful and only confirms that I want both Graphite and Quartz! 🙂

7. June 19, 2011 / 6:52 pm

These are gorgeous. It does seem to me that Quartz is very close to Illamasqua Bacterium (which I am wearing at the moment, and comparing my nails to your swatches, it looks to be very similar–on me, it lacks the yellow-green cast that I see in some swatches).

Graphite reminds me of MAC's Studded matte polish with a topcoat.

Nothing comes to mind for Peridot, though!

8. June 19, 2011 / 9:02 pm

I really need to get my nails whipped into line to wear these. Thanks for the lovely swatches!

9. June 19, 2011 / 9:21 pm

Thank you so much for all the trouble you take to do such amazing photos, swatches and comparisons. It is so helpful. Needless to say I will be buying all three polishes when they are released in the UK but what I really can't wait to see is the cream shadows!

10. June 19, 2011 / 11:08 pm

Blown away by these colors, thank you so much for this beautiful post. Bookmarked, will be heavily referenced!

11. June 20, 2011 / 2:05 am

Thanks for the comparison swatches. It's super helpful in deciding which shades to pick up. I think Peridot is a bit too yellow for my skin tone but Quartz is such a gorgeous color.

12. June 20, 2011 / 2:42 am

btw- Dior Timeless Gold (renamed Gold Revolution) is pretty much my favorite nail lacquer of all time. Would you happen to have a suggestion for the best possible dupe? It's the perfect mix of cool gold and silver, I've never found anything quite like it.

13. June 20, 2011 / 4:09 pm

I know I said time and time again that I was not going to buy Chanel polishes ever again but Graphite is making it hard on me to stand by my ban!

14. June 22, 2011 / 3:20 am

Chanel kills me. I tend to love their fall polishes more. This collection is no exception, as I've been into metallics lately. I definitely want to purchase Graphite. It looks even more beautiful than Kaleidescope and that's fave polish lately. Peridot looks intriguing too. Not sure about Quartz though.

15. June 29, 2011 / 3:18 pm

Lovely metallics, but Silver pearl and Graphite have no comparison 🙂

16. July 22, 2011 / 5:20 pm

The dupe for Peridot would be Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Bronze Albaze.:)