Beige & Lavender with Dior Beige Lotus & Butter London No More Waity, Katie

A manicure & pedicure was the perfect way to end the week. I’m so happy it’s Saturday but I fear the day will go by too fast. I picked out two newly released shades Dior Beige Lotus 211 (first featured here) and Butter London No More Waity Katie.

Dior Beige Lotus 211 ($21 from Dior.com) is a warm neutral caramel-nude infused with tiny silver micro sparkles. The shimmer is refined and so pretty to look at. Why can’t there be a shadow that exists like this one? (Most beige sparkles I’ve seen are a lot lighter.) With two coats you get full coverage but the shade is so close to my skin tone it looks like a true mannequin hand. Like but will love it more when I’m more tanned (hopefully soon).

Butter London No More Waity Katie ($14 from ButterLondon.com) is a sheer lavender jelly-like base with chunky silver and lavender glitter. I wonder why most of us were expecting a lavender version of Buttter London’s All Hail McQueen (reviewed here)? I had to apply three coats to get it to show up but decided it was a bit too chunky for my fingers. I put it on the toes. London Makeup Girl shows you how it looks with fewer coats versus three coats. Lipglossipping also has a lovely feature. What do I think? Hmmm … it doesn’t seem like a grown-up-princess type of color, the glitter is super chunky, the base is really sheer, but with three coats it does show up. I’m still undecided.

Comparisons + Swatches:

L to R: Chanel Inattendu, Chanel Sahara Beige, Dior Beige Lotus, Chanel Delice, Paul & Joe 005 Mirage

L to R: Chanel Rodeo Drive, Chanel Lilac Sky, Chanel Paradoxal, Butter London No More Waity, Katie*, OPI Parlez-Vous OPI?

* Apologize for the mis-spelling!

Comments

1. March 5, 2011 / 9:00 pm

Ooooh these are so pretty! The Butter London looks very similar to Lancome Le 54!

2. March 5, 2011 / 9:00 pm

I think No More Waity Katie is going to be a toenails-only shade for me too – the glitter is quite chunky, and I would have preferred it to be a little finer.

I like that Dior, and I don't usually go for peaches.

3. March 5, 2011 / 9:14 pm

I agree, such chuncky glitter is a toes-only polish. I haven't received mine yet, but I should Monday. I don't think it looks exactly as advertised, but I still think it looks great on you! Thanks for always doing such great blog posts…I don't usually comment but I really love them!

4. March 5, 2011 / 9:54 pm

You have such a beautiful collection, it's breath taking 🙂

5. March 5, 2011 / 10:05 pm

Kaitey really is gorgeous on your toes! I love the sparkle and the base color.

6. March 6, 2011 / 2:13 am

so jealous! my no more waity is still in the mail, hopefully i will get it on monday. thanks for the photos!

7. March 6, 2011 / 3:16 am

Oh my goodness No More Waity Katie is absolutely as gorgeous as I thought it would be. Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait to get my hands on it now!

♥ Jessica

8. March 6, 2011 / 8:03 am

"No More Waity Katey" is such a unique purple polish! I've never seen one like that before by Butter until today. I love your nail polish posts best!

9. March 10, 2011 / 4:46 pm

oh im loving the butter purple color on you!!