Weekend Look of the Day: J.Crew White Ruffled Tank & Skirt

How was everyone’s weekend? The weather here in Southern California has been a bit odd the past few days – at least by the beach. Sunny bits here and there and then mostly cloudy. This was Sunday’s outfit/look.

Top: J.Crew ruffle tank
Skirt: J.Crew white denim mini
Belt: J.Crew patent burgandy skinny belt
Shoes: Prada flats
Purse: Chanel

I didn’t plan to have mostly J.Crew on – but it seems to happen more often these days, although I do have to say it’s with their older pieces from past seasons. I love how comfortable the ruffle top is, but unfortunately, if it’s not tucked in or tied with a belt over, then it looks like a huge tent.

Face:
NARS Beverly Hills + South Beach Multiples mixed on cheeks
MAC Getaway Bronze Blush on top

Eyes:
Clinique Seashell Cream Shadow as a base
NARS India Song Duo
MAC Orpheus Eyeliner

Lips:
NARS Beverly Hills + South Beach mixed/dabbed on lips
MAC Love Nectar Lustreglass + Beach Lounger Lipglass mixed

I’m really loving those Multiple Tints from NARS (see my review of 2 of them here NARS Beverly Hills & Cadaques Multiple Tints = Pure Genius). Beverly Hills pulls more bright pink than red on my skin for some reason, but I still like it. Works well dabbed on lips for a slight tint. I liked it mixed a little with South Beach. I mixed the two on the back of my hand first and then applied on the lips. For cheeks, I swiped Beverly Hills on each cheek then South Beach on top and blended quickly with the fingers.

Also wanted your opinions: for the Chanel – is this something I can still pull off or is it totally OUT of style? It’s an older one, I don’t think Chanel makes the line anymore – at least definitely not the brown-on-brown. It’s just been sitting in my closet for ages. I keep forgetting to bring it out. Input would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Comments

1. June 14, 2010 / 11:58 pm

Looks great! I think that the Chanel is classic enough to continue to carry it. I don't know purse rules in your geographic area, but in Europe and other areas of the U.S., you'd be proudly carrying that style for years.

The only Chanel that makes me a little hesitant to continue to carry is the white Cambon, but that is because there were sooooo many imitations. I'd still carry it, but I'd pause 1st LOL.

Looks lovely!!

2. June 15, 2010 / 12:54 am

Darling, Chanel *never* goes out of style 😉 … you look polished & classy as always!

3. June 15, 2010 / 12:58 am

You look like a carefree California summer beauty! And the Chanel is a classic. I agree with Amy! This is one you can carry forever.

4. June 15, 2010 / 2:07 am

you are one of the most classy bloggers ever! i always look forward to see your outfit of the day and all your makeup collection too!

i miss summer!

5. June 15, 2010 / 2:13 am

That Chanel is a classic!! You have put it so well together…forget the brand…The whole outfit is so well co-ordinated wth the purse. Also being Brown, I am sure, it wud go wth so many things…

6. June 15, 2010 / 4:38 am

I agree with all the ladies, a Chanel is timeless and classic! You should proudly wear it!! 🙂 I must check out the multiple tints soon, are they limited edition? Thanks

7. June 15, 2010 / 6:32 am

Classic handbag, love it! By the way, I love your flats, where did you get them from?

8. June 15, 2010 / 6:34 am

Oh nevermind, I see where you got them from. I'm so blind! Thanks so much!

9. June 15, 2010 / 9:54 am

Your outfit looks very comfortable, and I love your Chanel purse.

10. June 15, 2010 / 2:28 pm

Like everyone saying above me Chanel = timeless style!

looks great and I really want one of the new NARS multiple tints!

11. June 15, 2010 / 4:14 pm

The Chanel is fabulous. People pay a lot for older Chanel because it never goes out of style.

12. Honor
    June 15, 2010 / 7:24 pm

Chanel is not about fashion but about style . So if you still like it why would you not wear it … And it Will become what I like to call m'y very own vintage …
    Love your blog and Will surely go and check the nars multiple in cadaques.

June 17, 2010 / 8:10 pm

That Chanel purse is definitely NOT OUT! It is beautiful.

14. Sister
    June 17, 2010 / 10:18 pm

I disagree with everyone. Stop using the Chanel and give it to your sister.

🙂