I thought I’d do a series on smokey eyes. I usually associate “smokey” with black shades, but often cannot wear many blacks because they either look too silvery or blueish on my olive toned skin, so when I look for black shades, I usually try to look for something with a slight variation on the basic black (for example a black gold, or blackened purple, or silvery black).
Part 1 includes the black eyeliners that work for me, included are some with gold or silver flecks, but have an underlying black color base. That being said, it looks like a good majority of the black-gold eyeliners here photograph as mostly gold or khaki gold (with the combination of black and gold shimmer) but in real life, still appears somewhat black on the eyes.
1. MAC Technakohl Liner – Uniform (deep khaki green with gold pearl)
2. MAC Eye Kohl – Smolder (intense black)
3. MAC Softsparkle Eyepencil – Night Sky (black with silver glitter)
4. MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil – Buried Treasure (underground brown-black with gold)
6. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner – Ebene
7. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner – Black Shimmer
8. Chanel Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil – Noir
9. Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer – Noir Scintillant
10. Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes – Egyptian (blackened green with gold pearl)
11. Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner – Egyptian (blackened green with gold pearl)
12. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner – Black Ink (jet black)
13. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner – Caviar Ink (no official description, but to me, soft charcoal black-brown – also NOTE, the swatch looks brown next to black ink, but goes on the eyes more of a soft black without brown)
14. Stila Smudge Pot – Golden Noir (black with a touch of gold)
15. Dolce & Gabbana Crayon Intense Eyeliner – Stromboli (black with gold flecks)