- Moisturizing Face Masks – Koh Gen Do is becoming one of my top picks for skincare. Their Macro Vintage Face Mask ($110 for 6 sheets) is the best I’ve ever tried. Most face masks did not do anything for my skin. This one by Koh Gen Do (reviewed here) left my skin feeling hydrated and soft like baby’s skin. I split my pack of 6 with 3 friends to try, all confirmed that it was beyond amazing.
- Clarifying Face Masks – Koh Gen Do’s Brightening Moisture Mask ($75 for 3.53 oz. / 100g) is equally amazing. It’s called a moisturizing mask, but to me it feels more like a clarifying mask. It is a clay mask that contains “6 botanical extracts in the mask will heal your tired skin, helping your skin to calm and reduce inflammation and redness.” MAC’s Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask was one of my favorite masks for clarifying and removing impurities. I was so sad that it was limited edition. Koh Gen Do’s Brightening Face Mask is the closest thing I’ve found in terms of effect/benefits on my skin (minus the heating element on the skin). I highly recommend you visit their website to learn more. They have helpful diagrams and often have promotions/specials on their website.
- Bubble Baths – L’Occitane makes some of my favorite bath and body products that are suitable for sensitive skin. I am currently loving the L’Occitane Shea Foaming Cream Bath ($32 for 16.8 fl.oz). The scent is very subtle and soothing. It bubbles up in a way that is very relaxing. It doesn’t dry out the skin or leave any residue. There are reviews on their website which I found useful.
- Shower Oils – I’m new to bath oils and shower oils. I’ve tried Jo Malone in the past and love them. L’Occitane had a gift with purchase promotion recently (for those who sign up on their mailing list) to launch their new Amande Almond Line. One of the gifts was a mini Shower Oil (see the details on the full size Almond Shower Oil here). It’s a softening oil that foams up when combined with water and leaves the skin feeling smooth and moisturized without having that oily feeling. The scent is soft and subtle (but still noticeable). The effect is amazing. I’m not sure I’m 100% in love with the scent although it is extremely soothing and pleasant.
- Hand Care – Thanks to a few of my readers who recommended I try Lush’s Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter ($14.95 for 1.5 oz). I love it. The scent is a highly citrus lemon (smells a bit horrid to me) but it does fade a bit after a while. I use this more as a once a week treatment rather than everyday and it has improved the cuticle area for my hands. (For everyday I rely on L’Occitane Hand Creams they smell great and feel nice). I’m again going to refer you to the company website – I love it when brands and stores have sections with useful customer reviews. Also check out Daly Beauty’s recent review (she sums it up perfectly!).
- Candles – I love almost any scented candle Jo Malone, Diptyque, Henri Bendel, Tommy Bahama make my favorites. Occasionally you can get a free mini candle in gift with purchase events. A simple candle can add that extra oomph to the home or bath to make it feel more soothing.
What are your pampering extras?