Chanel launched their new Rouge Allure L’Extrait ($55 each) which is their first refillable lipstick ($40 for the refills). I saw the collection earlier this month in Miami and hauled 6 of the 20 colors in the new launch. The Chanel team also sent a selection of colors so I had a few more bolds to share! They are available now online at Chanel.com.
A closer look in one of their beauty boutiques in the Brickell City Center below!
View this post on Instagram
The Rouge Allure L’Extrait is one of the best high-pigment lipsticks I’ve tried. They are ultra creamy, smooth one swipe wonders with a comfortable hydrating feel. Formula adheres nicely to the lips (almost hugs them!) and stays put remarkably well. No bleeding, sliding, creeping!
These come in a slim black case with the pop up end. They are tiny for the price and since these are refillable the cases aren’t labeled on the bottom. If you have more than one you will have to pop open each lipstick to check the shade. The shade names are in tiny print on the gold tube casing which is hidden once you insert it into the base.
You do need the full case to use the lipstick. There is a click component in the base of the refill portion that allows you to twist it up. Without it you cannot twist up the lipstick.
There are two neutral colors, a few pinks and a wide range of reds, orange shades and bolds. For the red lipstick lover you will really love this launch because they’ve thought of every variation, brightness and undertone of red! For the neutral lip lover (like me) you will still find a couple of nice lighter options. I hope they add more neutrals!
Colors I have:
- 812 Beige Brut is a perfect flawless beige
- 814 Beige Imperieux is a medium coral peach
- 818 Rose Independant is a pretty rose pink
- 822 Rose Supreme is a medium cool rose
- 824 Rose Invincible is a deeper rose pink
- 828 Brun Orgueilleux is a plum brown
- 832 Rouge Libre is a blue red
- 862 Brun Affirm is a brown pink red
Below swatches on the lips below! Quick note that most reds look REALLY red on my complexion. Also wearing:
- Foundation Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow in B40
- Concealer YSL Touche Eclat Shade 3
- Powder Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Filter in Medium
- Bronzer Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow in Deep
- Blush Chanel Blush Lumiere in Peche Rosee (review here)
- Eyeshadow Chanel Les Beiges Eyeshadow Palette in Intense (review here)
- Mascara Chanel Le Volume de Chanel
- Highlighter Chanel Reve Camelia
- Nails Chanel Le Vernis in Onirique
- Top Citizen of Humanity Isabel Tank
My favorites of course are 812 and 814. I’ve already made a sizeable dent in 812 so I’m happy to have a refill on hand! Sunglasses featured are the Butterfly Sunglasses style. They were quite a splurge but I love them! You can see them in action in my Reel here too.
Chanel Rouge Allure L’Extrait purchased by me. A few shades also provided by Chanel.