The Hourglass Cosmetics Sculpture Holiday Collection launched recently with two new palettes and a lipstick duo. I have a review today with some beauty looks to share! The new launches are beautiful and perfect for giving you that gorgeous lit from within kind of holiday glow. However, if you’ve been a long-time Hourglass collector and still have a lot of product left in your palettes, I think you can shop your stash to get the same look. The collection is available at Hourglass Cosmetics, Nordstrom, Sephora and all other Hourglass retailers.
In today’s review:
- Ambient Lighting Edit Sculpture Palette ($80)
- Ambient Lighting Edit Mini – Sculpture Unlocked ($58)
- Sculpture Confession Refill Lipstick Duo with shades At Dawn and At Dusk ($48)
Ambient Lighting Edit Sculpture Palette
The Ambient Lighting Edit Sculpture Palette has quite a few repromotes from the existing Hourglass lineup. In the palette we have:
- Dim Light – a soft finishing powder in a pink beige satin
- Diffused Light – another finishing powder in a pale yellow
- Glistening Strobe Light – a smooth metallic warm peachy champagne (new)
- Natural Bronze Light – a satiny warm neutral bronze (new and limited to this palette)
- Vibrant Flush – a coral shimmer blush (new and limited to this palette, deeper than Incandescent Electra)
- Mood Exposure – a soft mauve rose satin
I ended up liking this one a lot more than I had expected! Part of my initial disappointment was that it’s half repromotes – I have more than enough of Dim Light and Diffused Light to last me several lifetimes. I do understand they are versatile finishing powders to soften the look and add a glow to the skin but I really hoped they would create new colors – especially tones for medium-tan to deep skin tones.
Quality-wise I think the palette performs exceptionally well. Even though I’m medium-tan all the colors show up on my skin and the days I’ve been wearing this palette I’ve gotten tons of compliments on how good my skin looks. It makes you glow in a very natural way. I hope they consider adding the new shades in full size. For those who haven’t tried the Hourglass powders before – these blend into the skin beautifully without emphasizing fine lines or pores. They add a really stunning glow without looking frosty.
Ambient Lighting Edit Mini – Sculpture Unlocked
The Ambient Lighting Edit Mini – Sculpture Unlocked is a 4-pan version of previous Unlocked palettes (reviewed here). If you missed out on the palette last year it’s a good time to try this one in a more compact version. If you’re like me you might be a bit disappointed they didn’t come out with a different variation. I’ve seen a number of other beauty bloggers say they wished they had launched were more options for different skin tones. I 100% feel the same. Quality and color-wise the colors in this year’s version perform the same as last year’s.
Sculpture Confession Refill Lipstick Duo
The Confession Refill Lipstick Duo has two new shades in At Dawn (a soft neutral-warm pink rose) and At Dusk (deep cranberry red). I think both shades are going to be versatile on a wide range of skin tones. They have full opaque smooth coverage with very good lasting power. Formula is ultra creamy and has a natural shine to them. I do think they are over-priced given the size. Quality-wise they are really good.
Dupe-wise At Dawn is similar to their individual lipstick I’m Addicted. At Dawn is warmer and a little bit lighter. It’s also a warmer version of Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk on my skin. If you found Pillow Talk too dusty/ashy on your lips you might want to give the At Dawn color a try.
Three looks below wearing:
- Tom Ford Traceless Soft Matte Foundation in Sable 6.5 (I’m half a shade darker than I was when I initially reviewed it)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light all over to set (I have this in the full size, but it’s also in the 2020 palette)
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel
- Natasha Denona Mini Glam Palette (review here)
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadow in Aura (swatches here)
- NARS Climax Extreme Mascara*
- Victoria Beckham Kajal Eyeliner in Black
Look 1: Hourglass Sculpture Palette in Dim Light, Glistening Strobe Light, Natural Bronze Light and Vibrant Flush + Confession Lipstick in At Dawn
Look 2: Hourglass Sculpture Palette in Dim Light, Glistening Strobe Light, Natural Bronze Light and Mood Exposure + Unreal Lip Gloss in Prose (part of the regular lineup)
Look 3: Hourglass Sculpture Palette Mini Quad all 4 shades, Confession Lipstick in At Dusk
Overall a solid collection of beautiful launches. Quality-wise and color-wise everything performs well and I think they give a beautiful natural glow you can wear all seasons. If you already have a lot of Hourglass palettes and still have plenty of product left, I think you can safely shop your stash if you want to avoid dupes. That being said I do love the look of the Ambient Lighting Edit Sculpture Palette given the number of compliments I’ve gotten wearing it – it works for everyday and I also think it photographs well.
Have you checked out the holiday Hourglass launches yet? Or are you waiting for other collections? I’m really excited about the new Chanel and Charlotte Tilbury launches this year.