I have an updated fall skincare routine with a full breakdown of what I’ve been using and used up over the past few months! The weather turned here for a few short days and I almost thought we were going to have colder cooler weather but then it popped back up to the high 80s! The weather still has shifted for fall so I’ve changed up some of my moisturizers and serums. This is what I’ve been loving lately by category.
I’ve been a bit obsessive with cleaning my skin multiple times a day. I always cleanse in the morning. Right before a workout and right after a workout. And then in the evening before I go to sleep.
- Tatcha Rice Wash is a newer gentle exfoliating cream cleanser. There are tiny rice powder particles that I feel are gentle enough that I don’t feel any grit on the skin. It’s creamy when you add water and is good for normal to dry skin. (Also available in this mini duo.)
- Kate Somerville Cleansers – all Kate Somerville cleansers in general are well loved in our home, I’ve tried all of them and always have a backup stash, for family who visit and have skin issues, I always recommend and gift them one of these when they shop/raid my beauty closet!
- Eradikate is the best to deal with acne issues, it’s the one that has effectively prevented maskne by cleaning out the pores and any clogged areas, the 3% sulfur + oat extract helps absorb excess oil. I can rarely use anti-acne skincare because it’s often too drying or harsh and ends up stripping my skin. The entire Eradikate line is one of the few I can use that does not irritate my skin.
- Exfolikate is best for normal to oily skin. This one has exfoliating ingredients including glycolic and lactic acid to help resurface the skin and fruit enzymes that also help with natural exfoliation. It’s not harsh even though it’s an “exfoliating cleanser”.
- Delikate Cleanser* is the best calming cleanser I’ve tried. I will often use this in the morning and then one of her other cleansers at night.
- First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser is a great everyday cleanser that is gentle but effective. It has a creamy almost foaming texture when you add water. Andrew loves this, my brother loves this, I love it too. I think it’s reasonably priced!
- Sisley Triple Oil Balm Makeup Remover and Cleanser* – best makeup remover balm-oil in one, gentle and non-stripping (tied with the Farmacy Green Clean for a more budget friendly option and one that is just as good).
- Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover – best eye makeup remover, takes of my liner and mascara!
- Good Molecules Facial Cleansing Mitt – I almost always use a washcloth to wash my face, but I often ruin them with makeup or mascara remnants. I ordered a few of these face mitts to use just for when I have makeup to remove or wash off and they’re small but really nice! I want to look into other brands of reusable washable cleansing cloths like this. I bought a pack of three and really like them.
The top three toners I have in rotation:
- La Mer The Tonic – this is another formula I’ve used for years that is a great no-fuss refreshing kind of toner to balance and purify the skin. (La Mer’s website also has this in a smaller travel size version.)
- Sisley Floral Toning Lotion – this is one I’ve written about so many times. It’s alcohol free, gentle, hydrating and refreshes the skin beautifully. It’s very expensive but 100% the splurge (I have bought several bottles of this to replenish my skincare cabinet).
- Farmacy Clean Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner – I’ve been using this on and off for a few weeks now and really like it! I find most toners with any kind of acid either are too strong or too sticky. This is one of the few I’ve tried that doesn’t turn my skin beet red or sting. I feel it’s gentle enough for my skin to not have any tingle but still effective enough to clean out my pores. (I tried the Paula’s Choice BHA toner and my face felt like it was on fire! It turned horribly red and irritated for a solid week before it finally calmed down.)
I’ve tried to improve my serum and moisturizer routine as the weather turns. I’ve included a few new items I’ve added to my routine and also wanted to mention a few Andrew uses.
- Sisley Pure Bright Activating Serum* – this is Andrew’s favorite brightening serum. He has permanently “borrowed” this from my beauty cabinet and uses it religiously (LOL!). For his skin he’s struggled with darker sun spots on his cheek bones since we moved to Florida. This is the only product that he finds that works to brighten dark spots over time. He like that it feels lightweight, it’s simple to use and it works.
- Sisley Hydra-Global Hydration Booster Serum* and Gel Cream Moisturizer* – the Sisley Hydra-Global line is a great one for normal to dry skin. Andrew uses these on whenever he feels dry and likes that they’re both hydrating without that greasy overly heavy feel.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Liquid Lift* – this is the newest serum I’ve tried and it BLEW MY MIND. It’s a lifting and firming serum with two chambers. One has a milky emulsion serum and the other has encapsulated caviar beads. To activate the serum there is a pump to mix the products together for a beautiful smoothing serum. Skin is left firm and smoother and softer. I’ve just ordered a few more La Prairie items I’ve had on my wishlist from the line and cannot wait to try them.
- Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Serum* and Recovery Cream* – this has been my most frequently used duo all through summer and now in the fall. It’s a great everyday calming duo that smooths the skin. I initially used it on only dry-skin days but have found it’s really versatile for me. Sometimes I will skip the serum and only use the cream.
- Kate Somerville Peptide K8 Power Cream* – this is my second most-used moisturizer. I feel like everything Kate Somerville just works without any extra effort of fuss.
- Kate Somerville Dilo Age-Defying Oil* – I started incorporating a few oils into my routine and have used this one again every other night. It’s my favorite!
- Chantecaille Rose de Mail Face Oil* – This is a new to me oil which is designed to soften fine lines and brighten the skin. It has a floral rose scent but compared to other rose oils I’ve tried it has a more botanical vibe rather than straight up rose. It feels a little thicker in texture while other oils I’ve tried are more fluid but it absorbs into the skin beautifully. I just started using this so I can’t really report on the effects yet, but it’s like a veil of protective moisture.
- Sisley Black Rose Eye Contour Fluid – this has been my go-to eye treatment for a few months. I loved it for its lightweight feel and the applicator has a beautiful cooling sensation which helps with puffiness in the mornings. It’s nearly used up and I will be trying a different eye cream soon!
- For my night time treatment, I’ll use the Kate Somerville RetAsphere Micro Peel 2-3x per week to help with gentle resurfacing and smoothing.
My masks have been the same for months now. I’m really interested in trying new formulas but for now have stuck with what works. For hydration I alternate between the Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask (lush and thick) and the By Terry Baume de Rose Le Mask* (love how this bubbles/foams, will 100% repurchase). For a sheet mask my latest love is the La Mer Treatment Lotion Hydrating Sheet Mask. It leaves the skin feeling soft and refreshed.
For acne issues or pore clearing my Glamglow Supermud has been my go-to – I only use this when I feel like my skin needs a pore clean out.
For eye masks my go-to is still the 111Skin Sub Zero De-Puffing Eye Mask or the 111Skin Rose Gold Illuminting Eye Mask. I prefer the depuffing version. Also thanks to the recommendation of many of you I ordered a box of the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Masks and am OBSESSED! I love how these masks hydrate and brighten. I read you can use them on smile lines but haven’t tried it there yet – I may put a few on my forehead area to try.
For acne I’ve finally gotten any spot acne under my chin under control. I think the influx in stress and hormonal issues caused skin issues for me earlier this year. For the occasional pimple I still rely on Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Spot Treatment (Andrew uses this religiously and has me buy him multiple tubes at a time) and the Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Treatment.
I’ve been neglecting almost all of my beauty tools except for a couple things. I really still like the Le Mieux Skin Perfector* which I’ve had for many many years! It’s a great gentle pore cleaner that has tiny pulses from ultrasonic waves. There are different variations and models out there from other brands but this is one that has worked for me for years so I’ve stuck with it. I have also been really liking the Mount Lai Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool in the Jade or Rose Quartz options. They both really has helped improve my circulation and radiance of the skin.
That wraps up my current fall skincare routine! As always I’d love to hear about what you’ve been loving lately! Let me know in the comments! I love getting ideas from you to see what you’re using and loving.
Press samples indicated with a *. All others purchased by me.