I have a beauty haul roundup review today featuring her new Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous, Glowing Beauty Instant Look in a Palette ($75) along with some newer shades of her Superstar Lips ($34 each) . I’ve tried every one of her Instant Look palettes, there have been hits and misses in the past and I think this is the best one she’s launched to date! Thoughts, swatches and more on each item below.
Gorgeous, Glowing Beauty
The Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous, Glowing Beauty Instant Look in a Palette is such a pretty easy to wear palette I think it should be permanent! The formulas in this palette itself are much better in pigment and color payoff significantly compared to the first ones she launched. It’s still a very natural looking but I think colors are deep enough for even medium tan skin tones. It’s neutral in undertone to me making it a lot more wearable than her previous Beauty Glow Palette from 2017. Colors are soft but buildable, I think with the texture it’s easy to blend and impossible to overdo.
The three shades at the top of the palette are eyeshadows which includes:
- smooth metallic champagne pink
- smooth medium coverage shimmery plum brown
- smooth matte neutral-cool reddish brown
The bottom four shades are for the complexion:
- soft satin light brown (very slight shimmer)
- soft smooth pale pink highlight
- soft medium rose blush
- sheer cool pale highlight
- Foundation is Chanel Ultra Le Teint Velvet B50*
- Powder is Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Medium
- Brows are Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Mascara is Cle de Peau Perfect Mascara (review soon!)
- Eyeliner is Cle de Peau Intensifying Liquid Liner
- Eyeshadow + Cheeks are Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous Glowing Beauty Palette
- Lips are Charlotte Tilbury Everlasting Kiss
When I previewed shopping the palette in store a lot of you asked how it compares to The Dolce Vita quad (now renamed The Bella Sofia), swatches below. There are definitely similarities in two of the shades, I find the individual quad has more color payoff on the eyes.
New Superstar Lips
I reviewed the Superstar Lips formula last year here. I had mixed feelings because of the price and size of the product. I still do for this reason, but the formula is really nice, especially if you like a glossy lip. Three new shades caught my eye in Glow Kiss, Princess Kiss and Everlasting Kiss (the first two of these are exclusive to Charlotte Tilbury’s website). After hauling all three I decided to give the shimmery ones a try in Pillow Talk Diamonds and Lucky Diamonds as well.
- Glow Kiss is a sheer glossy beige, it’s super sheer on my lips but gives them a lips but better translucent glow
- Princess Kiss is a beautiful soft light pink cream, it’s also sheer but gives a lovely pink tint
- Everlasting Kiss is my favorite (and available at all counters) which is a neutral medium nude rose
- Pillow Talk Diamonds is a metallic glittery pink gold, even though it has impressive full coverage with a smooth texture (no gritty feel at all) this one was a disaster on my lips! It looks absolutely horrible, I suppose it could be used as a topper but it’s so metallic I couldn’t wait to take it off.
- Lucky Diamonds is a metallic warm copper, also smooth with full coverage, this one was a winner for me, I think the deeper base makes it a lot more wearable, it’s very shimmery but still very wearable, I wish it came in a plum or rose version
Overall I’m happy with the way all of them look except for Pillow Talk Diamonds. They are very sheer and I find their online stock photos and model photos very misleading. I find they look a lot more pigmented and opaque online than they do in real life – even with heavy lip layering. For the price I’d expect a lot more product at the very least. Still I really like the texture and finish. As much as I like the colors I think the deeper and brighter options I bought last year make for a better buy. I added a swatch of Pillow Talk at the end for reference.
Overall lots to love for easy everyday kind of makeup. I think every color in the Gorgeous Glowing Beauty palette is wearable and great for the more conservative beauty lover or for those who feel like they don’t know how to wear makeup. It’s truly easy to wear with easy to follow steps for a full face look and I do think it’s beautiful! At $75 it is fairly spendy, I bought mine during the Sephora Holiday bonus event for some savings.
For the Superstar Lips I still have the same mixed feelings: love the formula, don’t like the price, still feel online stock/promotional marketing photos are misleading. My dislikes won’t stop me from trying new shades if they’re launched in the future though.
You can find the Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous Glowing Beauty Palette out now. I do believe it’s limited-edition like all of her other palettes. I bought mine at Sephora and it’s sold out there online, but still available at other places like Nordstrom, Charlotte Tilbury, Bloomingdales and Beautylish to name a few.
The Pillow Talk shades are still my favorite so I’m doing a giveaway with a Pillow Talk Lip Cheat, Matte Revolution and Superstar Lips. ONE person will be selected to win – all you have to do is enter via the widget below and complete at least 2 of the steps. Open internationally but you must be 18 years or older to enter. Runs through 11/25/2019 11:45 PM EST. One winner will be selected within 48 hours after giveaway ends and announced on the widget below. I’ll e-mail them directly and they must respond within 24 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be selected in their place. I usually ship prizes within one week. Not sponsored or affiliated.