For Black Friday Chanel has created a special new limited-edition creation called the Chanel Duo de Camelias Illuminating Powder Duo ($70 for 8.5 g/0.3 oz, made in Italy). It will be available for purchase starting Friday November 29th exclusively at Chanel.com and I’m thrilled to give you a peek at this new highlighter! It comes in a black velvet pouch like all other Chanel compacts and a small brush. It’s a stunning radiant pale almost white gold kind of shimmer that gives the skin a luminous glow.
The Duo de Camelias Illuminating Powder Duo has two iridescent shades that have a beautiful shimmer. There are tiny little sparkles that capture the light to give a reflective glow depending how it hits. One side is described as a golden beige and the other is a pearly platinum. The texture can be applied with a sheer finish or more intense highlight depending on how dense a brush you use. Color is easy to layer and blend, goes on smooth and doesn’t emphasize my pores. Lasting power was pretty good – it stayed put from morning until late afternoon without budging or fading too much.
You can apply each side individually or blend. The highlighter itself has a radiant finish and these photos and swatches can’t capture the true beauty or depth of the sparkles as much as I see in real life. As always I’ve done my best to try and show you what it looks like. It’s multi-dimensional so it will look different depending on whether it’s in natural light, sunlight, has a flash and contrast level with one’s skin tone.
Colors swirled together with the sun hitting some of the sparkles:
Swatches with a heavy hand individually and swirled, taken with flash. To me it’s almost like magical fairy dust for the cheekbones!
Below a couple looks applying the highlighter, also wearing:
- Foundation – Chanel Ultra Le Teint Velvet B40* + B50* mixed
- Powder – Chanel Les Beiges No 20 to set
- Blush – Chanel Joues Contraste in Quintessence
- Bronzer – Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light
- Highlighter – new Chanel Duo de Camelias
- Eyeshadows – Ombre Premiere Cream in Patine Bronze, Ombre Premiere Powder in Cuivre Lame + Noir Lame
- Eyeliner – Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Black Wood*
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
- Mascara – Chanel Le Volume Waterproof
- Lips – Le Rouge Duo Ultra Tenue in Intense Nude
- Brush I’m holding is separate Chanel Precision Powder Brush
I think it’s a beautiful one! You can find the Duo de Camelias Illuminating Powder Duo available for purchase online at Chanel.com starting November 29th. I hope you found this review helpful! Let me know what you think. Do you think it’s a winner or similar to what you already own?
Many thanks to Chanel for sending an early preview of the Duo de Camelias for me to share with you.