As one of the biggest face mask junkies, I’m excited to share a review of Foreo’s latest innovation called the UFO (short for Ur Future Obsession). This is a smart mask system that combines advanced technology with serum-infused masks to give you a complete facial treatment in just 90 seconds. I’ve partnered with them to put this to the test and think it’s the perfect DIY facial treatment especially for those who are limited on time and need something quick but effective.
The Foreo UFO combines several advanced technologies including thermo-therapy, cryo-therapy, T-sonic pulsations and full spectrum LED. All of these help to push the essence from the masks into your skin, lock in moisture, reduce pore size, massage the face with LED lights therapy to rejuvenate the skin. In testing the UFO I found it really interesting how they’ve created various different treatment combinations depending on what kind of mask your skin needs. A brief overview of each function:
- The Thermo-Therapy feature gently warms up the device to activate the mask and opens up the pores to allow product to penetrate the skin. The device becomes noticeably warm but not hot.
- T-sonic pulsations massage the face and help push product into the skin further. These are gentle and very soothing.
- LED Lights vary depending on mask you use. I have sensitive eyes and have not been able to do many LED light therapy facials even with light blockers on the eyes (that’s how sensitive they are!) so this device is perfect for me! Red lights are designed for anti-aging, it stimulates collagen production. Green lights work to brighten dull skin and evens out the skin tone. Blue lights kill acne causing bacteria and stimulates circulation.
- Cryo-Therapy cools down the skin, tightens it and makes pores smaller. You can always repeat the treatment if you feel you need to. I’ve found one treatment sufficient per use.
What you get in the box:
- UFO device
- mask packet
- stand helps protect it during storage and also helps it dry out faster after washing
The device is supposed to last up to 40 uses with a 2.5 hour charge time. It is super easy to use via the Foreo App that you download onto your phone. They ask you to complete a short survey to fill out your profile. It connects via Bluetooth and treatments vary depending on what mask you pick to use. Steps are goof-proof:
- Turn on the app and power up device (make sure Bluetooth is enabled)
- Pick your mask
- Scan the barcode on your mask to activate device and open packet
- Place mask onto UFO and secure it with the plastic ring
- Follow the diagram and video on the app for placement, mask for 90 seconds
- Tap extra essence into skin
- Wash the device under the sink (it’s 100% waterproof!)
- Place on stand until next use
There are currently 7 mask options all formulated in Korea and I’ve put 5 of them to the test. Each one has a different purpose. With each packet these there is enough serum soaked in the pads to work into the entire face. There will be some leftover residue and essence on your face after the treatment. Depending on what you plan on doing after (ie apply makeup, go to sleep, etc.) you may want to pat down with a towel or rinse excess off:
- Make My Day is the best one to use in the mornings, it has red algae and hyaluronic acid, leaves the skin feeling plump, glowing and well hydrated. Red algae helps protect the skin from pollution in the air. This uses both the Red and Green LED Lights, T-Sonic Pulsations and Thermo-Therapy.
- Call It A Night has olive oil and ginseng to tone and hydrate skin. This uses the warming Thermo-Therapy, Red LED light and T-Sonic pulses.
- Youth Junkie is a collagen renewal formula which reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It makes the skin noticeably more plump. This uses the warming Thermo-Therapy, Red LED light and T-Sonic pulses. This one is my favorite!
- Glow Addict is a brightening mask that has pearl extract and niacinamide to brighten and even out skin tone. It also has Vitamin E to hydrate and make the skin glow. This uses both the Red and Green LED Lights, T-Sonic Pulsations and Thermo-Therapy. I also really love this one.
- Shimmer Freak is an Eye Mask that is caffeine infused. It utilizes the Cryo-Therapy for a cooling sensation to reduce puffiness. It utilizes the Red and Blue LED lights and T-Sonic pulses. This also worked wonders to brighten and waken my tired puffy eyes. The device is a little big for the under eye area but it still works just fine by moving it around the eyes and temples.
I think this is the perfect tool for mask and skincare fans. I do think skincare takes time to see long term results but after each use of the UFO my skin is noticeably more hydrated. With the Youth Junkie and Glow Addict my skin is glowing and plump. We’re in the middle of dry season now here in South Florida and my skin has been noticeably dry and more prone to irritation. These masks are the perfect addition to my routine to rebalance and rejuvenate.
I highly recommend the Foreo UFO. I think it’s a great tool and love how easy it is to use. As much as I love regular masks or sheet masks, they do take extra time. I think being able to mask in 90 seconds is amazing. P.S. I put together my first mini video with the UFO and have a demo going up on my Instagram page @beautylookbook today if you want to check it out!
You can find the Foreo UFO ($279) and Sheet Masks available separately now at Foreo.com. It comes in three fun colors and I love that they have a nice selection of sheet masks to choose from.
Many thanks to Foreo for partnering to sponsor this post.