The Barneys Love Yourself Event is back again and runs through September 11th. With any $200 or more purchase online or in stores for beauty you get a choice of a women’s beauty or men’s grooming gift bag filled with minis. If you’re shopping online, no code is needed and once your cart hits the qualifying mark a pop up window should show up on your screen allowing you to pick the women’s or men’s bag. I’ve shopped this event for years and am excited to team up with Barneys to share the gift contents and some recommendations. I love that they’ve kept the bag size and design consistent over the years. I’ve collected quite a few as I’ve found them perfect for travel. Mine have been well loved so unfortunately I’ve had to throw away a few so I look forward to each season’s beauty event.
The gift contents for the women’s bag includes:
- Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum .1 fl oz/3 ml
- Malin + Goetz Recovery Treatment Oil .06 fl oz/2 ml
- Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Masque .5 fl oz/15 ml
- The Organic Pharmacy Face Cream Double Rose Rejuvinating .24 fl oz/7 ml
- Davines Oi All in One Milk 1.69 fl oz/50 ml
- Sisleya Essential Skin Care Lotion .5 fl oz/15 ml
- Chantecaille Fruit and Flower Acids Mask .17 fl oz/5 ml
- Replica Lipstick On 1.2 ml
- By Terry Baume de Rose 3g/.1 oz
- Byredo Super Cedar 0.06 fl oz/2 ml
- Diptyque 34 Eau de Toilette 0.06 fl oz/2 ml
- Rodin Olio Lusso 0.08 fl oz/2.5 ml
- Furterer 5 Sens .1 fl oz/3 ml
- La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream .24 oz/7 ml
- Mila Moursi Lifting Cream .1 fl oz/4 ml
- Marvis Whitening Mint .5 oz/10 ml
- Deborah Lippmann Physical Attraction Nail Polish .27 fl oz/8 ml
- Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Pencil in Basic Black .69 g
- 3LAB Super Eye Treatment .1 oz/3 ml
- Loewe 001 Man and Woman minis 2 ml each
- Lilah B Palette Perfection Eye Quad sampler on card
- Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl 1.3 g
- Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Mood Light .10 fl oz/3 ml
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Color Lustre Brilliant Glaze Conditioner 40 ml
- Rituals White Lotus & Yi Yi Ren Foaming Shower Gel 1.6 fl oz/50 ml
A few of my favorite things:
- Diptyque Eau de Toilette in L’Ombre Dans L’eau is the fragrance version of the Baies candle which is blackcurrant and rose. I have the mini travel size that was limited-edition shown but it’s a go-to for evenings and special occasions. I think it’s a perfect one for fall.
- Diptyque Candle in Baies is my favorite candle right now, I recycle them to use as containers for brushes, glosses, pens and anything that will fit inside (this Mini Trio was my first Diptyque purchase ever).
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon is the one shadow stick I would say is a must-have, it’s a shimmering bronzey taupe that is versatile for any occasion or look.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Nude and Warm Ivory (c/o) are in my top three for foundation sticks (reviewed here).
- NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight is a classic sheer light pink, since it’s sheer I use it to top lipsticks for a bit of a milky shine (I also adore the shade Chelsea Girls).
- Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque is hands down one of the best purifying masks that is good for sensitive skin, it sucks out impurities and excess oil and is gentle enough for me to use 4x per week on bad skin weeks (I normally use it 1 to 2 x per week).
- Byredo Bal d’Afrique Eau de Parfum is one of my favorite sweet scents, notes include bergamot, lemon, neroli, African marigold, bucchu, violet, jasmin petals, cyclamen, black amber, musk, vetiver and Moroccan cedarwood (I also own it in the Body Cream).
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Wonder Worker is something I just reviewed yesterday and several readers have also voiced their love for this, it’s a really good hair smoother and primer for heat treatment, it also smells amazing!
- Tatcha Balanced Pore Perfecting Water Gel (c/o) has been a go-to all summer long for a lightweight moisturizer that’s good for sensitive skin, it also does indeed smooth out pores like the name implies and works well under all the foundations I have in rotation so I don’t need a primer.
- Le Labo x Laundress Detergent in Rose 31 is not shown, but if you’re stocked on everything and can’t think of anything new to try, try the Le Labo Detergent. The price is jaw dropping almost to the point of being ridiculous, but I promise it’s worth the splurge.
Some new items I just started playing with:
- NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Rigel (new for fall) is one of the prettiest soft rosey pinks that won’t give you the pink-eye look and is good for an all over wash of color.
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush Palette is a blush lover’s dream come true, if you don’t like creams but want something that’s not a traditional powder, the Dual Intensity formula is good because it’s like a hybrid, pigment is excellent and easy to blend with a slightly creamy texture so it adheres really well to the face and stays put all day long.
- La Mer The Cleansing Micellar Water is something I’m already 1/3 through, I picked this up a few months ago and really like it. It’s gentle, effective and doesn’t irritate my skin for a makeup remover. I don’t know that I’ll repurchase because it’s pricey but I have no complaints on this one. For a less expensive alternative that’s still really good, the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water has been a favorite for years. The Cleansing Spa Water Cloths are a must for travel or on-the-go.
I don’t have a full list for the men’s bag but you can see both below, Glowing is the women’s bag. Dashing is the men’s grooming bag.
There are also some brands that have step up gifts with purchase online and in store. I do believe stores have different options so if you’re near a store call them or stop by to check out the individual brand GWPs.
The event runs through September 11th online and in stores with any $200 or more purchase, while supplies last at Barneys New York. Based on a comparison of this year’s bag to previous ones it does seem like they’ve mixed it all up quite a bit this season. There are a lot of minis I’ve never seen sampled before. As a sucker for minis I’m excited about having a mini of the La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream and By Terry Baume de Rose. I’m also eager to try the Rodin Face Oil.
Have you stopped by Barneys yet? If so let me know what you bought! I love reading about hauls.
Many thanks to Barneys for sponsoring this post. Items that were press samples indicated with a c/o, others purchased by me.