I hope you’re enjoying the weekend! We have warm spring weather which almost feels like summer, but I’m not complaining! I have a mix of things I’m loving right now. New summer beauty collections are starting to trickle in and I’m excited to see the new releases over the next month. I’m still 100% smitten with the Tom Ford Soleil Bicoastal Cheek Duo (reviewed here) and the Ultra-Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me (swatched here). A few of you asked if Bicoastal was too similar to Wicked to justify both. The finish and color is really similar, almost identical so you don’t need both. However Bicoastal has that gorgeous sheen that makes it extra special.
- Diptyque Oud is more of a fall kind of scent (reviewed here) but I’m still loving it for right now to burn something different than the traditional spring floral for the home.
- Lumira Travel Candles are still an obsession of mine. My all time favorite is the Tahitian Coconut – it is truly the best coconut home fragrance I’ve tried because it’s not too sweet.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Shine Enamored Lip Lacquers offer a lush cushiony kind of shine to the lips, above shown is Pretty Thing (all swatched here).
- Out of all the new lipstick formulas launched this year to date, the best in-between kind of lipstick that isn’t too sheer and isn’t too opaque is the Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo. It offers medium to full coverage with a pretty shine. All shades swatched here.
- I just discovered Muji Gel Pens and am obsessed. I bought a set in black and think I want to order a set of the ones with different colors.
Reads and Link Love
- Makeup artist Rae Morris just launched a new book called Makeup Masterclass ($55, available via Beautylish). They sent one as a gift and the imagery and photographs are stunning. I’ve been browsing through it for inspiration on some bolder beauty looks. It’s also quite comprehensive on beauty basics for application. I highly recommend it.
- Porter Magazine just launched their Summer Issue and this one marks the end of my year-long subscription. I’ve really enjoyed their publication and have already renewed for another year.
- RaeViewer uploaded a really helpful skincare video on her Favorite Skin Care for Acne + Reducing Scars, I always find her skincare recommendations really helpful!
- Speaking of Tom Ford Summer, Tamira Jarrel has a gorgeous Tom Ford 2016 Soleil Preview tutorial on her channel which is all kinds of gorgeous in a natural kind of way (Revolve Around Me looks amazing on her and she is a bit deeper in skintone compared to me).
- I adore get ready with me videos and this Dior Poison Girl Party in Paris via Inthefrow is so beautiful!
New In Beauty / On My Radar
- Summer items from NARS are gorgeous! The Tahiti Bronze Collection has a scented Laguna Tiare Bronzer – I actually splurged on almost everything from the collection at The Makeup Show and I’ll have a review on all the items on the blog. If you buy one thing, opt for the Monoi Candle – I feel like I’ve been searching for this scent my whole life, it makes you feel like you’re on a tropical summer vacation.
- The NARS Under Cover Summer Color Collection just launched online at narscosmetics.com and in NARS Boutiques (at other retailers starting May 1st). I received press samples of the Dual Intensity Blushes in Liberation and Sexual Content. I ordered a couple more items and I’ll share swatches + review once all the items arrive.
- Dior Summer has arrived online and in stores with 4 shades of Addict Milky Tint Fluid Stick (I bought the 2 light ones), Diorskin Nude Air Summer Glow Shimmering Loose Powder, 3 Polka Dots Nail Duos, and a new Eye Reviver 5-Pan Palette.
- A few of you asked for reviews on the new Chanel Eyes Speak Volumes collection, I have 3 of the Stylo Eyeshadows and both Brow Powder Duos that I’m testing right now (review this upcoming week).
- Mother’s Day is 4 weeks away – in case you want to start shopping for a gift early to avoid the last minute rush, Molton Brown launched their Lily of the Valley Star Anise collection for spring which has a nice variety of products and sets. Other options, ideas and gift sets on their Mother’s Day Gifts section (their hand creams are really nice!).
Anything on your beauty radar this weekend? Or new discoveries? I received the last bits of my Sephora VIB Rouge haul last week – I stocked up on the nude beautyblenders, ordered some Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadows, bought some Burberry items I had on my wishlist and finally bought 3 neutral pink Louboutin Lipsticks which I can’t wait to play with. If you want to share your haul(s) – please do in the comments!
P.S. If you have anything from Space NK on your wishlist (they carry Diptyque, Eve Lom, Hourglass, By Terry, Oribe etc.) – don’t forget there’s a special promo code for Beauty Look Book readers through May 1st. Details in this post here.
Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!