Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’ve been enjoying the weekend – we had rainstorms come through here in Southern California but it was brief and the sun is back out today. I’ve been absolutely obsessed with the Urban Decay UD Gwen Stefani Blush Palette which I promise to review soon. I’ve been waiting for a couple blush palettes that I ordered to arrive in the mail so I can do a battle of the blush palettes post as there have been a few new ones that launched this year. For face I’m still working my way through foundation testing. So far the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint is my most reached-for formula so far this year. I’ll have some thoughts on the Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation and Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation soon.
More on the cheeky front includes glow essentials. I’ve still been loving the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powders for a luminous glowy highlight. If you’re partial to creams I swatched my holy grail cream highlighters from Edward Bess in Sunlight, Afterglow and Paradise here.
Last week I stopped by Sephora South Coast Plaza for my first beauty appointment in a Sephora store to learn about color correcting. I half dread in-store makeup appointments because of you never know what kind of artist you will be working with. So many have a hard sell approach or load up on colors that really aren’t flattering. This visit was hands down the best appointment I’ve ever had – I worked with Dre and if you’re in the area I highly recommend trying to book a sit down with her. I’ll have a write up soon on my whole experience. I went in not knowing anything about color correcting and personally thought that using a full coverage foundation could accomplish the same thing in fewer steps. I was so impressed with her knowledge of all the skincare and beauty brands. She was patient in answering all my questions. The results of her application were amazing.
I haven’t done a link love post in a while – but here are a few reads and links I’ve been loving:
- For the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint shades, Café Makeup has all the colors swatched
- Best Things in Beauty has a sneak peek of the new Armani Spring Summer Palette
- British Beauty Blogger has a first look at Dior Summer
- I really enjoyed reading this article on Makeup and Beauty Blog
- I can’t get enough of the photographs from Paris in Four Months
- The Louboutin Lipsticks still have not yet launched on the West Coast, I’ve found myself revisiting Rae’s amazing Louboutin Lip Color + Live Swatch video to help me narrow down some picks for an online order soon
- Kellie Gonzo is making me want all the OPI New Orleans shades, they are gorgeous on her!
P.S. I’m still obsessed with the Maison Martin Martiela Lipstick On fragrance for a soft girly feminine scent. I just got a mini sample of the new Diptyque Eau Des Sens which is the best orange blossom I’ve ever tried and I am seriously tempted.
Enjoy the last bits of your weekend! Would love to hear about what you’re loving right now. I’m behind on responding to comments but will be following up on your questions soon!