Tatcha has some of the most beautiful gift sets and the ones for this holiday are even more stunning than ever. If you’re looking for something extra special, you can’t go wrong with anything in their holiday lineup. Right now Tatcha’s Annual Friends and Family Event is happening where you can save 20% off everything through 12/6 with code FF2015 at checkout. Last year the sets sold out very quickly – if you have your eye on any I suggest you order soon. Today I have three gift sets to share.
First a bit of some background on my Tatcha loves. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to flaring up and react to a number of skincare products or foundations. Tatcha has been a regular go-to for me to help keep my skin clear and glowing. It’s also a great line to help calm my skin with flare ups. When my skin goes crazy, Tatcha is one of the few lines I can use while my skin is recovering because everything is gentle but still very effective. If you have extremely sensitive skin, I can’t rave enough about how much I love this line.
The packaging this year is simple but exquisite. Each one comes beautifully wrapped – the paper and gold ties are gorgeous!
If you’re new to Tatcha or have a friend who is looking for new skincare, the Hakken Special Introduction Set ($95) is the best trial set because it has a little bit of everything. This is a 6-piece set with travel sized skincare items customized to suit your skintype. There four options in Combination, Dry, Sensitive and Oily. Each set has a slightly different variation of products. The one I have featured is the one for combination skin it includes travel sizes of:
- Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil (25 ml) – one of the best cleansing oils I’ve tried that removes all face makeup, but leaves the skin soft without any film
- Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder (10 g) – the gentlest of exfoliators, it’s a water-activated powder that thickens into a cleanser
- Radiant Deep Brightening Serum (10 ml) – a super gentle serum
- Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream (10 ml) – great for the days I’m extra dry
- Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35 (10 ml) – my holy grail sunscreen
- Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream (3 ml) – the perfect eye cream for everyday (I’ve been relying on stock-piled minis that come as a promos with online GWPs)
You can buy all the travel sized items individually which is nice for travel or to test something out before committing to the full size. If you were to buy all the items individually the retail price would be $141, so you are getting a good value when you purchase this as a set. Each gift set comes with a beautiful description sheet.
Quick snapshot of the items in the Combination Set. Do note you can select different options online for this exact same style/format. The items will vary slightly depending on whether you pick Combination, Dry, Sensitive or Oily. Do note all items come in their individual boxes with product ingredients, directions – everything is well packed and protected to make sure the items arrive in perfect condition.
Next up is the Hitomi Bright Eyes Set ($149) which has 4 Luminous Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Masks and one 15 ml size of the Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream. The retail value of the kit is $183 so as you can see, the set does give you a price break. The eye masks are one of my favorites to soothe, hydrate and depuff eyes. When I bloat, have allergies or get headaches, my eyes are always the first area to get swollen (my skin is kinda high maintenance). I swear by these eye masks to remove signs of puffiness. Full ingredient list and description here.
The Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream is something I was skeptical about since I’m super picky about eye creams in general. I don’t like any greasy feel but at the same time many gels just don’t do the trick to give enough hydration. I put the Ageless one to the test for night time first. It does take a little bit of time to see results, but with regular use I think it really does improve the texture and brightness of the eyes. A little goes a long way so you only need a tiny bit. I love that it’s non-irritating and doesn’t sting the eyes.
Last but not least, one of the most impressive gift sets is the Complete Travel-Size Kiri Set ($375). This is an 18 piece set that includes Tatcha’s entire lineup of travel-sized products (16 items) plus a roll of the Original Aburatorigami Beauty Papers and the Gold Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm. I broke down the price of all the contents which total $392. The savings isn’t quite as much as some of the other sets, but it comes in a beautiful large box tied in a beautiful purple wrap. I almost didn’t want to show you what it looks like inside because I feel like I’m ruining a surprise, but wow, it’s quite a sight to behold. Below shows a mix of the product with the boxes. Everything in the set comes boxed and padded with beautiful tissue paper. I think this set is absolutely perfect. You can see the full content list online but to recap, it contains:
- Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil (25 ml)
- Polished Rice Enzyme Powders in Classic, Gentle, Deep and Indigo (10 g each, review here and also here)
- Radiant Deep Brightening Serum (10 ml)
- Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream (10 ml)
- Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream (10 ml)
- Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream (3 ml)
- Luminous Deep Hydrating Firming Serum (10 ml)
- Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (12 ml)
- Gold Camellia Beauty Oil (10 ml)
- Gold Camellia Nourising Lip Balm (8 ml)
- Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter (30 ml), Hand Cream (10 ml), Triple Recovery Cream (10 ml) (all three currently favorites in rotation as my skin is recovering from a bad allergic reaction right now)
- Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen (10 ml, review here, I love this one)
- Petal Fresh Clutch Ready Aburatorigami Beauty Papers (review here)
Shop all their gift sets here. If you’re the kind who wants to pick out your own items separately, Tatcha has a cute option to create your own Custom Travel Gift Set. You pick three items and they will package it in a zip pouch for you. There are a number of helpful customer reviews on their website, many have helped me order items. I haven’t tested everything from the line but am looking forward to trying a lot of the face creams from the travel set. Of the items I have tried though, my top five picks include:
- Original Aburatorigami Beauty Papers – the best blotting papers to absorb shine, they won’t disintegrate when they blot nor will they leave any powder residue on your face
- Pore Perfecting Sunscreen – the best sunscreen that’s super gentle and really does make your pores disappear like magic (I like this as a foundation primer too)
- Indigo Soothing Silk Hand Cream – best instant soothing hand cream for irritated skin
- Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter – same for the body
- Rice Enzyme Powders either in Classic or Indigo – the most gentle face exfoliating products I’ve tried to clean the skin and gently remove dead skin
If you want to go all out Tatcha has the Complete Kiri Collection, similar to the Hakken set above in the sense that it’s also customizable by skin type. This one has has full-sized items. The sets are priced at $650. The most luxurious splurge of all is the Tabi Ultimate Journey Set which has a selection of full sized items packed into a hand-finihsed calfskin suitcase line with genuine kimono fabric. This one is priced at $1,800.
Bottom line lots to love with a wide variety of options at different price points. All the gift sets for holiday are limited-edition and exclusive to Tatcha.com. Whether you’re looking to treat yourself, stock up on staples, or find a beautiful gift – there’s lots to choose from and the Friends and Family Sale is a great time to save. You can take advantage of the 20% off savings now until 12/6 with code FF2015 at checkout.
Do you have any Tatcha favorites? I actually discovered the line because readers recommended it to me! I’ve been thrilled ever since I tried the Camellia Lip Balm.
Many thanks to Tatcha for sending the gift sets for review.