I’ve been a long time fan of the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks ($35 each for 5.5 ml/0.18 fl oz, made in France) since they launched in spring 2014. These are incredible lipstick/lipgloss hybrids that glide on the lips with full smooth coverage and the most beautiful shine. There have been several new color additions to the formula over summer and fall. I’ve been sitting on some new purchases for a while now. I photographed them months ago and they’ve been sitting in a folder waiting to be edited. Some are listed as limited-edition so I thought I’d swatch and review them so you don’t miss out in case these didn’t make your beauty radar.
If you’re not familiar with the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks I highly recommend you check at least one out. These come in a cute chic silver and clear colored tubes with an angled sponge tip applicator. The sponge is perfectly shaped to get a precise line around the edge of your lip and also wide at the base to cover the lips perfectly. You have to try it in person to appreciate how well designed it is. These are fluid in texture and glide on the lips perfectly. The colors blend out to cover the entire lip with rich pigment but there is a very slight transparent quality so you can see a tiny bit of your natural lip underneath. Swatches of my picks from the initial launch here and here.
Onto the new colors I picked up. Unfortunately one you cannot find in the US – I picked one up in Paris at Sephora, but I will swatch a few other colors to try and dupe it below.
- Beige Passion (summer 2015, Europe) is a perfect your lips but better natural pink beige. I wish it was available in the US but unfortunately it was never released here. On my lips it’s a very natural color. I like that it’s not too pale so it doesn’t wash me out.
- Ciel Rose (summer 2015) is a medium rose pink. It’s bright but has a somewhat muted brightness to it which makes it conservative but not boring. It’s the perfect in between of warm and cool which I think will make it a universally flattering color.
- Tropiques (summer 2015) is similar to Ciel Rose, but it’s brighter and more vibrant. Even though fall is here and plums are in, I still love a good coral pink year round. It brightens the complexion and face and gives a healthy flushed look.
- Versatile (fall 2015) is a cool pink which I knew would be either hit or miss. In the tube it looked like it might be too cool-toned but it’s actually really perfect. On my hand and arms it pulls a lot of blue so I was surprised that it was very wearable (blue-based pinks often look purplish or too mod on my skintone). If you are looking for a pretty cool pink, this one is really gorgeous.
- Avant-Garde (fall 2015) is a mauve-nude pink which is a your lips but slightly deeper and more mauve. It’s a pink nude in the tube and swatched on the arm. On my lips it pulls deeper and more cool-toned. Your mileage may vary on the color depending on your skintone. I think it’s an amazing mauve nude – but it will probably look very different on you than it does on me.
Swatch comparisons below, note that Frisson has been discontinued and Tiny Pink is a Sephora Exclusive color.
One last shot of the colors below:
Overall a huge thumbs up. I am completely obsessed with these. They are lush liquid lipstick glosses and the formula is amazing. I like that they last a long time on my lips and don’t slide off but still have that gorgeous shine to them. There is a slight perfumed scent to them that is hard to describe but I find it very soothing and refreshing at the same time. The scent does fade after a few minutes.
If you’re in France, Beige Passion is still listed as being in stock online at Sephora France. The other colors are still available at most places online although I haven’t checked in store. They have been out for quite a while now. I don’t usually like to backup lipglosses but I do think Versatile is back-up worthy, it’s the perfect pink I’ve been looking for that is cool-toned but still wearable.
You can find the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks at all Dior counters. Online at Nordstrom, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, Dior.com and all other Dior retailers.
Have you tried any of the newer Dior Addict Fluid Sticks? Which colors are your favorites?