Fall beauty is here in full swing. This month is a big one for beauty events and gift with purchase offers – if you have had items on your wishlist, you may want to wait and shop for the gifts coming up. I’ll have more details soon on some of the gifts, but for now a quick overview:
- Space NK has their Autumn Beauty Edit starting September 12th with any $250 purchase you will receive a huge gift bag of deluxe sized samples
- Barneys New York Beauty Event starts September 9th, with any $200 purchase you have the option of a large beauty bag with deluxe sized samples (option for man and an option for women)
- Neiman Marcus Beauty Week starts September 10th, there is a store gift and each line with have individual gift with purchase options, some lines will have step ups
Many of the gifts are tempting as there are a lot of good gift with purchases this year. I’m making a list trying to sort and prioritize purchases for this month. In the meantime some new items that are on my beauty radar right now (from top left clockwise):
- By Terry has four new duos out. There are two Terrybly Densiliss Blush Contouring Duos and two Terrybly Densiliss Compact Contouring Duos. These are extremely pricey at $95 each, but in my experience, the By Terry powders are usually very pigmented and extremely soft in texture. I hope to check these out in person soon. I have high hopes for these.
- NARS has launched their NARS Pro Palettes. This is their first refillable palette launch. There are two size options and over 64 refill shades of eyeshadows, blushes, bronzer, and pressed powders. These are exclusive to NARS Boutiques and online at narscosmetics.com. Prices/options are as follows:
- Large Palette is $18, Small Palette is $14
- Refills are priced at $18 for Single Eyeshadows, $25 for Duo Eyeshadows, $25 for Pressed Powder Refills, $30 for Contour Duos, $27 for Bronzing Powder and $21 for blushes
- Bumble and Bumble has launched a new haircare line called Full Potential. I tried the Hair Preserving Shampoo ($31) and Conditioner ($34) from Sephora.com by ordering samples (get 5 shampoo and conditioner samples and a deluxe Booster Spray, free with $25 purchase using code POTENTIAL at checkout). I was so impressed by day 3 I ordered the full size. The products in the line smells incredible. My hair feels soft and bouncy and stronger. It has a more masculine smell to it but it’s something I really love. If you can try the samples I highly recommend it.
- Le Metier de Beaute is launching some new kaleidoscope kits for fall. At the top of my list is Full Stream and Lift Off. Both kits contain a pressed translucent powder, highlighter, blush and eyeshadow. They retail for $95 each – I can’t wait to see them in person.
- New plum lip colors are always something I look forward to in fall. Even though I’m a nude/peach kind of lip girl, I love a good plum. Three on my list to check out are Fresh Sugar Fig, Buxom Big and Sexy Bold Gel in Voodoo Spice and Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Glastonberry.
- Dior has launched four new Dior Vernis Nail Colours $27 each with their Addict Lipstick relaunch. In my experience Dior makes some of the best nail polishes in terms of formula and wear. Almost nothing glides on the nails as good as Dior and the colors are usually flawless. The four new colors are Smile, Wonderful, Be Dior and Tribale.
- As the season transitions to fall I start to look into new primers and foundations my skin reacts to weather changes. Right now I’m focused on maintaining radiance and extending foundation wear without adding too many layers. I’ve been testing the Becca Backlight Priming Filter and Tom Ford Complexion Enhancing Primers for a few weeks. I’ll have a report soon. Also on my radar is the Eve Lom Radiance Lift Cream.
- Last but not least, I’m obsessed with mini sampler sets that give you items to try out. The Sephora Give me Some Lip Set looks like the perfect pick-me-up for $25. I already have 2 of the 6 lip colors so I didn’t jump to buy it when I saw it in store. It was really tempting though and oh so cute.
What’s on your beauty radar this week? Are you shopping any of the beauty events this month? The gifts from Barneys and Space NK are usually so good – although I do wish they didn’t all occur in the same month. It would be nice to spread them out over a few months to help with budgeting and decisions!