This year Net-A-Porter Beauty has a limited-edition Valentine’s Day Kit ($65) with nine luxury sampler-size beauty treats for skin, hair and makeup. The Net-A-Porter team was kind enough to send one as a surprise and after playing with the deluxe sized items, I can say this is a real treat. Pre-made kits can be hit or miss because we all have different tastes, preferences and likes. I have to say, Net-A-Porter did a really good job with this one. If you’re looking to treat yourself or a friend, this has really good picks.
Inside the Valentine’s Day Kit as shown in the above photo from left to right, with thoughts on each item (for reference, full ingredient listing on each product is online at Net-A-Porter):
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Mini (15 ml/ 0.5 fl. oz.) is a rich moisturizer cream that isn’t greasy. I have the full size although I don’t think I’ve reviewed it, I’ve found it to be very good and non-irritating for my sensitive acne-prone skin. It hydrates the skin nicely and a little goes a long way. I like that it helps balance the skin with dry and oily parts and it’s also a good skin prep product for foundation (creams, powders, liquids, compacts etc.) The only downside is that it has a strong sunscreen scent that I’m not a fan of, however it does fade after five minutes. I’m thrilled to have a mini of this because now I can travel with it.
- Bambford Geranium Hand and Body Wash (50 ml/ 1.7 fl. oz.) is a strongly scented body wash with geranium, lavender and peppermint. It smells like a spa in a bottle. It’s very soothing and relaxing for the bath. It lathers up to a nice foam and leaves the skin feeling soft and very refreshed.
- Jurlique Nutri-Define Retexturizing Serum (15 ml/ 0.5 fl. oz.) is the only item in the kit I haven’t tested, primarily because I’m in the middle of testing other face products at the moment. It’s supposed to be a firming and lifting skin product – if you’ve tried this one I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- LAFCO Chamomille Lavender Soap (130 ml/ 4.5 oz.) has a bright refreshing scent that smells like a garden. There is a sweetness to it that makes it feel lightweight. I’m not typically a fan of bar soaps but this is a nice one to have in your bathroom or guest room. It makes me feel like I’m on vacation.
- Radical Skincare Instant Revitalizing Mask (30 ml/4.5 oz.) is something that has been on my radar for a while so this kit came at the perfect time. This is one of the most fun things I’ve played with in terms of face masks. It’s a quick and easy 3-5 minute face product (huge plus). It’s a creamy liquid that turns into a white foam on the face. Once on, it foams up and bubbles with tiny little pops (don’t worry it’s ultra gentle). You rinse it off after having it on the face for a short period of time and it leaves the skin glowing and feeling completely hydrated/refreshed.
- Serge Normant Meta Sheer Dry Finish Oil (50 ml/1.7 fl. oz.) smells incredible. I’ve been a huge fan of the Serge Normant hair care line, their shampoos and conditioners are extremely good, although on the pricey end. The Sheer Dry Finish Oil is a spray product that adds shine and texture. I like that it’s a lightweight product that doesn’t weigh down the hair or make it look greasy. I’ve been spraying it on both damp and dry hair and it adds a nice natural shine.
- Eyeko Mini Black Magic Mascara (4 ml/ 0.13 fl. oz.) is something new to me. I’ve never tried anything from Eyeko before. This is a mini black mascara that is super rich in color and adheres well to the lashes. It takes a bit of combing to get this to apply evenly on my lashes, otherwise they look a bit spidery. Once you comb the product, I found it added nice volume and color. It stayed put all day without flaking or smudging. The only downsides are the effort it took me to get it to look even (it didn’t clump, it just separated my lashes too much) and it is pretty hard to remove in the evening.
- Anastasia Mini Clear Brow Gel (2.5 ml/ 0.08 fl. oz.) is something I haven’t tried in a long time. I received a small sample gift with purchase years ago before I did anything to my brows. I’m glad this kit made me revisit it. It’s a clear brow gel that actually holds my brows in place without making them look crunchy.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (5 ml/ 0.16 fl. oz.) has reached cult status with many. I’m always happy to get a mini for travel. It’s a good one that keeps foundation in place and prevents it from sliding on warm weather days. The only downside for me is that it does give a white cast to my skin. Since I opt for medium to full coverage foundations the white tint isn’t a problem, although I do wish they would make options with some color.
Bottom line this kit is a winner. I feel super pampered as I’ve been using something new from the kit each night for the past week. I’m going to replenishing with full sizes of the Serge Normant, Anastasia Brow Gel and Radical Mask for sure once the samples are used up.
Some more beauty kits on Net-A-Porter. The By Terry Baume de Rose set is amazing, review here. I also ordered the mini Byredo Candle set, I’ll be reviewing them as soon as they arrive.
The Net-A-Porter Valentine’s Day Kit was provided courtesy of Net-A-Porter for review consideration. More information about my disclosures here.