Uncategorized

Chanel Collection Rêverie Parisienne Rouge Coco Shines and Glossimers for Spring 2015

December 19, 2014

Chanel’s Spring 2015 Collection has two new Glossimers in Fleur D’Eau 192 and Crazy Fuchsia 194 ($29.50 each) and two new Rouge Coco Shines in Étourdie 98 and Désinvolte 97 ($35 each). The color theme is coral and fuchsia-rose pink for lips and the items I picked out have a mix of soft and bright.

The Glossimers and Rouge Coco Shines have a glossy sheen. If you’re a Chanel fan you are well aware of the lovely natural shine these have. The texture is smooth and feels really nice on the lips.

Swatches with flash:

Swatches without flash:

The Rouge Coco Shines are sheer glossy lipsticks. The colors for spring are vibrant in color but the sheer texture makes them very soft on the lips. On my pigmented lips the colors do show up quite well. These are easy to apply with a smooth hydrating texture. Désinvolte 97 is a bright but sheer coral peach. Étourdie 98 is a cool-toned rose pink with silver sparkles. If you apply these with a lip brush I find you can get more color/pigment. I prefer to apply straight from the tube because it’s faster.

The Glossimers mimic the texture and color of the Rouge Coco Shines. Fleur D’Eau 192 is a very sheer bright coral peach but the sheerness makes it look very natural. It has a transparent quality so your natural lip will definitely show through. Crazy Fuchsia 194 is a crazy pigmented shimmery fuchsia rose pink. The shimmer and pigment in this is incredibly beautiful. It’s a bit out of my comfort zone (because I usually like lighter lips) but the color is just so pretty I couldn’t pass it up. There is a mix of deep mauve rose in it so it’s not fluorescent but it’s still vibrant.

I’m really pleased with these. They are perfect bright spring shades that lift the mood and make the complexion come to life. I do think they are classics suitable for year round so I feel completely comfortable wearing them right now even though we are in the midst of the holiday season.

Spring should be trickling in stores now. I spotted the collection in store at Nordstrom. So far, only Fleur D’Eau is listed as limited-edition on Chanel.com.
Have you ordered anything from the spring collection? What did you pick out?

You Might Also Like

• AddictedToMakeup December 19, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Thank you for swatches, especially for lipsticks. Maybe you own Chanel Coco Shine 55 Romance and you could compare it with shade Etourdie?

• blushableme December 19, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I love all of these, but Crazy Fuchsia is truly the showstopper out of the bunch.

• Sunny December 19, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Oh my God, give me Desinvolte already!!! It looks so buttery and melty, too <3

• rachlovespenguins December 19, 2014 at 8:30 pm

What Sunny said!
      That is ridiculously gorgeous and I need it now. Or yesterday. So pretty!!!

• Sabrina December 22, 2014 at 12:58 am

• wendy December 19, 2014 at 7:16 pm

i'm sorry that i didn't spend enough time at the chanel counter because i left with only 4 products. i purchased tisse fantaisie, the camelia blush, ardoise eyeliner and, etourdie. i think etourdie is just wonderful. i know i'll use this down to the metal. sabrina, could you please recommend what kind of brush you would use for the camelia blush? i'm definitely going to go back and pick up the colors you just reviewed. you just can't go wrong with glossimers and rouge coco shines especially for all of us busy working girls!! i know chanel is coming out with new lipsticks but, i heard january and then i heard march. since i wear these colors everyday, a glossimer usually lasts me about a month and a half. i just wish they would come out with new glossimers more often. thankyou very much for all your great reviews!!

• Jo December 19, 2014 at 7:20 pm

All so pretty and look beautiful on you. I especially like how Desinvolte looks on you. A bright preview of Spring and welcome distraction on this gloomy, rainy day.

• Cristina Golban December 19, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Gorgeous colours can't wait for spring to come.

• transientbeaute December 19, 2014 at 7:35 pm

That coral looks gorgeous!

• weloveswatches December 19, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Wow those are all so beautiful! I need at least one of these in my life 😀

• Christine December 19, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Désinvolte looks absolutely stunning.

• Clever Girl Reviews December 20, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I like all 4 on you. I'd love to get Crazy Fuchsia for myself.

• Polished Pinay December 22, 2014 at 6:43 am

Fleur d'eau reminds me of Calypso!

• Fancie December 23, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Beautiful colors! All of them look great on you but I love Crazy Fuchsia the best. That's a really pretty gloss!

Follow me to Fancieland!

• Lys ModestMix January 6, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Désinvolte looks gorgeous!! Beautiful collection, it's going to be hard not to buy too much this time

• powered by chloédigital