This year marks the 20th anniversary of L’Occitane’s best-selling shea hand cream. In honor of this event they have released a new limited-edition Shea Butter Whipped line with a special lightweight cushiony texture. The new items look and smell amazing, the collection smells good enough to eat (I have resisted so far). The new items available include:
- Hand Cream ($12) has a 25% concentration of Shea Butter. It’s just as hydrating as their Classic version but more lightweight in texture. It has a whipped/airy formula. The scent is soothing but slightly more fresh compared to the other items in the Shea Butter line. The Whipped Shea Butter hand cream has a nice dry down and is really nice for dry hands.
- Body Cream ($24) is a whipped body cream. This has a 10% shea concentration and is very hydrating and creamy but easy to blend. It absorbs quickly into the skin and has a nice medium dry down so there isn’t any greasy feel but you can still feel the moisture on the skin. There are few body moisturizers that work as well as L’Occitane does on my sensitive skin. It can get itchy and dry during fall and winter months, my favorite is the Extra Gentle Hand and Body Lotion.
- Shower Foam ($20) is a unique liquid shower foam. It has a pump that creates a foamy texture once you dispense the product. This is a nice treat to have, for me a week of use (for both myself and my husband) used up about half the bottle, but it does feel nice and lightweight while hydrating the skin. It’s definitely worth trying, but might end up being a bit pricey if you use it up quickly like me. (This Shower Foam + Body Cream Duo gives a slight price break.)
Close up of the packaging:
Shower foam in action (Burberry Elderberry on the nails):
The hand cream and body cream are musts for me, especially this season when my skin tends to feel dry. The shower foam is nice to have (or try) but not a must. I see it as more of a luxurious splurge or nice treat. The packaging and product design are both really unique though.
You can find the collection online at L’Occitane and also in their boutiques (Store Locator here). If you’re starting to shop online for holiday gifts, be sure to check out their deals and promos. L’Occitane always makes it to my gifting list every year, they have great stocking stuffer ideas and nice gift sets. I find them perfect for those who are hard to shop for. There’s always something new to discover.
- List of their current special offers here
- Special Purchase with Purchase (links will unlock code)
- Free Arlesienne Collection Set with $75 Purchase!* Over $20 Value Valid 10/29 – 11/9
- Your Deliciously Decadent Free Gift with any $65 Purchase!* Over $20 Value Valid 10/29 – 11/9
- Gift With Purchase Offer
Thanks to L’Occitane for sending these samples for review consideration.