Above: Prada Marfa photo by Gray Malin, tray by West Elm, candles by Diptyque in Vanille and Le Redouté, leather catchall by Pottery Barn, book Yves Saint Laurent
I hope everyone has been having a nice weekend. We’re experiencing a heat wave in Southern California so I’m trying to stay indoors to keep cool. This upcoming week I’ll have some posts on a few foundations I’ve been testing along with some skincare loves. (After several weeks of another skin flare up episode, my skin has finally started to clear up again and return back to its normal state.) I spent Saturday morning with Beauty Professor at the Neiman Marcus Project Beauty event and will be sharing what I purchased at the event soon. I’m also still working my way through my Charlotte Tilbury reviews so stay tuned. I wasn’t happy with my initial photographs on the eyes/cheeks so I’ve had to reshoot the product photos which is why it’s been taking forever to publish.
I wanted to share a new addition to our home (non-beauty related). I just received my first Gray Malin print which I ordered from the Labor Day sale event (they had free shipping and free framing). I picked one of his Prada Marfa prints and couldn’t be happier. I have so many of his prints on my wish list. (You can also find some of his work on sale at One King’s Lane.) Be sure to visit his Lifestyle Blog for inspiration.
Some weekend reads and videos I’m loving right now:
- I’m living vicariously through others to see what on backstage during NYFW, I’m dying over this neutral NARS palette featured on the @narsissist instagram
- @marcbeauty posted this sneak peek of a nail polished used on the models at their SS15 show, I’m wish I knew what the color was called, anyone have any ideas?
- Garance Doré x NARS has a really cute video on the new Audacious Lipsticks
- Love this video on The Man Repeller with Jenna Lyons (NARS also included)
- Paris on Four Months has some exquisite work she has done for Dior (love love love!!)
- Temptalia gives us a first look at YSL’s new Blush Volupte in Singuliere
- Front Row Beauty has swatches of Chanel’s VFNO Sweet Star Le Vernis (I’m hoping this color of nail polish will eventually make its way to the US)
- Messy Wands has some helpful skincare tips on how to deal with a sunburn
- The Non-Blonde shares her top perfume picks for fall (I’ve made notes)
Anything you’re loving this weekend? Favorite reads?