- Hibiscus No.13 Lip Glow Natural Lip Gloss ($27) – a sheer bright plum with reddish tones
- Nude Rose No. 14 Lip Glow Natural Lip Gloss ($27) – a sheer soft faded nude pink (very sheer)
- Tulip Pink No. 27 Lip Cover Satin Lipstick ($30) – a neutral nude pale pink cream
- Devon Sunset No. 28 Lip Cover Satin Lipstick ($30) – a bright/healthy but natural peach-coral (brighter/deeper than Cameo No. 02)
Lip swatches of Hibiscus Gloss, Tulip Pink Lipstick and Devon Sunset Lipgloss. Nude Rose Lip Gloss went on fairly clear so I didn’t post the photos.
- I could have skipped the Nude Rose Lipgloss because I found it so sheer but it layers beautifully with Tulip Pink which can be a tad too pale by itself. It does go on fairly clear on my lips with a very slight pink tint. I think for the price I would have preferred something with more pigment, or at least with a bit of nude shimmer.
- Tulip Pink Lipstick is on the pale side. It’s not quite as pale as Nude though so I still find it wearable. If you have other nude pink shades from Burberry I would say you can safely skip Tulip Pink unless you’re looking for something on the paler/lighter side. I personally prefer slightly darker pinks although this one is lovely when topped with a sheer gloss. The coverage is full but not too thick.
- Devon Sunset Lipstick is a brighter version of Cameo. It reminds me of a softer more wearable version of Lancome’s Chris and Tell (which I gifted away). It has a similar effect but less of a garish finish. The coverage on this color is full as well. Compared to other corals it has a richer creamier finish.
- Hibiscus Lipgloss is a lovely plum in the tube, on my lips it pulls more red (as most plums do). It’s a bit outside of my comfort zone but not too over the top. I don’t have similar shades but it seems to be a classic sort of reddish/plum so I am assuming Chanel and Bobbi Brown have something similar. The finish is sheer but color is noticeable on the lips.
Overall I think the items released for Burberry Spring-Summer are classic and gorgeous. The entire collection is available at select Nordstrom locations and Nordstrom.com now. Due to time constraints I don’t have the ability to do more comparisons right now. I hope the comparisons I have posted for Burberry Spring will give you an idea to help gauge the colors.