Those who like natural lip colors but have a hard time finding one that works for you, I highly recommend you check out the shades from Edward Bess. I now have six lipsticks and two glosses and have more coming in the mail.
It can be challenging to pick something sight unseen – still unsure about the shades from the pictures? Call the Bergdorf Goodman counter and the girls there are excellent at recommending shades and describing them in full detail.
The Ultra Slick Lipsticks retail for $29 are made with a hydrating formula that is rich in pigment and made with Vitamins A & E. They are also “scented with the subtle fragrance of wild fig.”
My review: The lipsticks are indeed radiant and rich in pigment. The coverage is full without being too heavy or drying. I’ve worn Pure Impulse with MAC Dazzleglass in Bare Necessity and it lasted from about 4 pm until 10 pm. They do have a subtle sweet berry candy-like scent but it’s not too strong to be bothersome.
Lipsticks from the regular line:
* Pure Impulse – perfect natural nude (featured last week)
* Forbidden Flower – soft creamy light coral peach with a hint of pink
* Secret Desire – natural everyday your lips but better creamy pink
New for fall include three pinkish berry plum colors, all still natural and wearable (NOTE, I highly recommend checking out the feature on blogdorfgoodman – her photos of the fall lip colors are more accurate in my opinion, in my picture they all look the same for some reason):
* Tender Love – to me, the most natural of the three, a soft natural mauve rose
* Forever Yours – a natural light raspberry
* Night Romance – the brightest/coolest-toned of the three, a cool berry mauve rose
The Deep Shine Lip Glosses are equally stunning and retail for $28. Described as “seductive” with “radiance” and are supposed to be hydrating to create full lips.
My thoughts: My current favorite non-shimmery glosses are from Bobbi Brown for their gorgeous and long-lasting colors. However, they can be a bit thick and sticky (which I actually don’t mind). Edward Bess has some great non-shimmery shades that have decent lasting power, but without the sticky factor. Also scented with the same fragrance as the lipsticks.
Colors I have:
* Soft Whisper – the perfect nude-beige (featured last week)
* Bare Rose – a pretty creamy pink that matches Forbidden Flower but leans more towards the pink versus peach. If you love milky pinks, but find they are often too pale or milky, you will find that Edward Bess’s Bare Rose Gloss is a brighter version that will work a lot better for you.
Swatches in natural light, no flash:
* Top (l to r): Soft Whisper Lipgloss, Bare Rose Lipgloss
* Bottom (l to r): Pure Impulse, Forbidden Flower, Secret Desire, Tender Love, Forever Yours, Night Romance
Swatches with flash, same order as above:
See Sunday’s post for swatches of the entire collection to date directly from Bergdorf Goodman. Think you’ll like most of the colors and willing to splurge for *all* of them? Check out their luxurious Lip Wardrobe which has 10 lipsticks and 5 lipglosses for $400 (comes out to about $26.67 per piece) all in a gorgeous black lacquered box. (Details on edwardbess.com)
Photo from Bergdorf Goodman’s catalog:
Edward Bess products are available for sale on his website Edwardbess.com and also at Bergdorf Goodman.