Summer is almost here and today I’m rounding up my favorite perfumes perfect for the upcoming season. We are lucky to have warm weather most of the year but perfume is definitely seasonal with different months. I love this time of year when we’re transitioning from spring to full on summer. The heat is rising and there are so many scents that I love for warm weather. For me there are everyday summer perfumes and then there are summer perfumes that make you feel like you’re on vacation. I’m focusing more on the everyday ones for this round up but will list a few vacation vibe scents at the bottom of the post too. As always I’d love to hear about what you’re wearing right now!
I would say that my most-worn perfumes recently are the ones from Tom Ford. I think he’s best known for the deeper rich and spicy ones, but my personal favorites are the lighter options. Soleil Blanc and Eau de Soleil Blanc have been must-haves for me for years now. Both are white florals that perfect fresh summery vibe. I also really love White Suede layered with either of the Soleil Blanc perfumes for a softer vibe. All the Tom Ford perfumes are available in multiple sizes, I’ve listed the ones I have below. I love that more of these are now coming in individual travel size sprays so I can carry them in my purse!
- Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum ($148 for 50 ml, also available in a .33 oz travel spray) is the perfect white floral! I carry the travel spray with me almost everywhere I go.
- Notes include bergamot, cardamom oil Orpur, pistachio accord, ylang-ylang Comores Islands, benzoin extract Orpur, coco de mer accord
- Eau de Soleil Blanc ($125 for 50 ml, 10 ml travel size here) is a brighter more citrus version that has a little more warmth with more noticeable amber and it’s not quite as strong on the floral notes as the original, both smell really similar
- Notes include Vert de bergamot, orange bitter Orpur, petitgrain bigrade Orpur, ylang-ylang, pistachio accord, coco de mer accord
- White Suede* ($235 for 50 ml) is one of the few soft musk perfumes I can wear that don’t turn on my skin, I love the way this mixes with the white florals. It’s a soft clean and warm kind of scent. The clear bottle is exclusive to Neiman Marcus but you can find it in the traditional brown at all other counters.
- Notes include saffron, thyme, mate, suede, olibanum, musk
- Runner ups from past: Sole di Positano, Fleur de Portofino, Neroli Portofino Acqua
Byredo has some of the longest lasting perfumes I’ve tried. Sometimes I notice my nose gets used the scent quickly and they seem to fade, but anytime I wear these, I get compliments and questions even hours after I’ve first applied. Andrew also notices them late in the day. I know purchasing a fragrance in person isn’t always possible (even if it’s the best way to buy them). In the event you don’t have a Byredo counter near you to smell, they have a La Selection Set with six minis which are a nice way to sample the scents. There are a number of trios available as well.
- Blanche ($175 for 1.7 oz, shown is the .4 oz available in this trio) is a floral that has a mix of aldehyde and violet, it has floral notes with noticeable white rose and a hint of musk. It almost has a clean linen feel.
- Notes include aldehyde, pink pepper, white rose, neroli, peony, violet, blonde woods, musk and sandalwood
- Mojave Ghost ($175 for 1.7 oz) is the most unique fragrance I’ve ever smelled. It’s a soft fruity floral with violet and magnolia. There is a mix of musk, sandalwood and amber to give it a little warmth.
- Notes include ambrette, Jamaican nesberry, violet, sandalwood, magnolia, chantilly musk, crisp amber, cedarwood
- La Tulipe ($175 for 1.7 oz) is one of the scents I get the most compliments on! This is clean floral with noticeable freesia.
- Notes include:<rhubarb, cyclamen, freesia, tulip, blonde woods and vetiver/li>
- Rose Rinse Free Hand Wash ($35 for 1 fl oz) makes for a super fancy hand sanitizer, it has a beautiful soft rose scent with pink pepper and raspberry notes mixed in
- Notes includepink pepper, raspberry, rose petals, magnolia, exotic patchouli, white musks
Above: Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lip Lychee Baby / bracelet Celine
Jo Malone was one of the first perfume lines I started using when I got into perfume. I think they make so many beautiful florals! Unfortunately most of my favorites have been discontinued or were limited-editions. I was so sad when they pulled French Lime Blossom and RIP Vanilla Anise. They used to have a pretty one called Sweet Milk which was such a unique one. I feel like perfume should never be limited-edition or discontinued, it’s so sad to find one you really love and then not be able to buy it when it’s used up! The same thing goes for foundation – all my HOLY grail foundations are now no longer made. The one I love right now for summer is Basil and Neroli, it doesn’t smell like basil at all!
- Basil and Neroli ($68 for 1 oz) is the perfect neroli scent, it’s a fresh and fun lively kind of perfume. Andrew likes this one on me.
- Notes include basil grand vert, neroli and white musk
Chanel has so many classic perfumes but the Les Eaux de Chanel line stole my heart when they launched last year. These are Eau de Toilettes and are lightweight in feel. They give more of a splash of scent rather than a super long-lasting potent perfume. Living in humidity and heat makes the lightweight feel perfect for me. They launched three Eau de Toilettes last year first Paris-Biarritz, Paris-Venise and Paris-Deauville ($130 each for 4.2 fl oz). Shower gels and body lotions followed for each. I have not yet tried the body products, I’m worried I’ll fall in love and my wallet will hate me for it.
I’m thrilled to let you know that the three originals are now available in a 1.7 fl oz travel size individually for $80 each or as a trio in Le Voyage Set ($240 this one comes with a cute pouch). I ordered the mini of my favorite Paris-Biarritz the second it launched online. Right now the minis are available only at Chanel.com. The minis have a spritzer spray too! I feel like I had seen images of the minis for the European and Asian websites – I’m so happy they’re now available in the US.
- Les Eaux de Chanel Paris-Biarritz ($80 to $130) is my favorite of the three original ones. It’s perfect for the citrus scent lover. It has notes of Sicilian Mandarin and Lily of the Valley. It has a very soft almost garden like feel to it. It’s refreshing and bright!
This past week they just launched a fourth scent Paris-Riviera* which is lovely for those who love citrus scents. This one has vacation spa resort like vibes. It’s sweeter and a little more juicy the Paris-Biarritz.
- Les Eaux de Chanel Paris-Riviera* ($130 for 4.2 oz) comes in one size right now. I asked if there were plans to add more body products or a travel size and they don’t have any information right now. It takes me away to a place where I feel like I’m away at a spa.
That wraps up my favorites right now. I rotate frequently! Top three favorites right now are the new Chanel Paris-Riviera, Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc and Byredo La Tulipe. Runner ups for perfumes that smell like a summer vacation include Replica Beach Walk, Creed Virgin Island Water and Bobbi Brown Beach. But for now I’ve had the ones in this roundup in my spring to summer rotation.
What are you favorite summertime perfumes? Do you change things by season or do you have something you wear year round?
Press samples include Tom Ford White Suede, Chanel Les Eaux de Chanel in Paris-Biarritz (full size) and Paris-Riviera (full size). Others purchased by me.