Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquers in White Snow and Resurrection

There are a few new shades of the Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquers ($18 each for 13 ml/0.43 oz) for spring and I picked up two from Sephora in White Snow and Resurrection. White Snow is a sheer milky cloud white and Resurrection is an opaque powdery pink cream. For those curious about the other new colors, there are 6 total in pastels and creams. The other four shades include Sundays Cool (lavender), Good Friday (mint), My Peeps (cool pink) and Confession (grey).

I find pastels can be hit or miss for my medium olive skintone. I love the look of white polish on other girls but on me it often looks like white out. Marc Jacobs White Snow has a sheer finish which requires 3 coats for me, but the sheerness helps make it more wearable on my hands compared to a pure white polish. Opaque pastel pink creams are often streaky or look too powdery on my hands. Marc Jacobs Resurrection is a high-maintenance pink in the sense that the first coat is a streaky mess, but it evens out to a smooth finish with the second or third coat. Each coat dries faster than most other polishes so I don’t mind the extra work and the color has just the right mix of white and pink so it’s not too contrasted with my skintone.

I just bought these and applied them so I didn’t give them a week-long test run to see how long they lasted. However in my experience with other Marc Jacobs Nail Lacquers – lasting power is very good and I can get up to 7 days of wear without any tip wear or chipping. I usually combine the Marc Jacobs Nail Lacquers with the Formula X Base Coat and the Nails Inc. 45 Second Top Coat. A closer look at both shades.

White Snow:

Above: Sweater by Rag & Bone, Bag by Celine, Jeans by J.Brand

Resurrection:

Both are fairly standard classic colors so I suspect they can be easily duped however I’m always on the hunt for a classic sheer white that isn’t too sheer and that also isn’t too opaque. White Snow is pretty darn good if you don’t mind layering more than 2 coats. Resurrection is nice but not a must – especially if you already own a lot of pale pink cream colors.

You can find Marc Jacobs Beauty Nail Lacquers online and in store at Sephora. Also online at Marc Jacobs Beauty. Have you tried any of their nail polishes before? If so what are your favorites? A few of mine include Daisy, Wine-Not and Petra.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Comments

March 27, 2016 / 7:37 pm

The white looks beautiful on your elegant hands. Love your Celine bag and the tulips, too. Have a great weekend. We just finished hunting for eggs in a short reprise from the rain.
    Tanja

• April 1, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Thanks Tanja – I think the MJ White Snow is just perfect.

2. March 28, 2016 / 10:15 am

the pink one is pretty and I love your photo style ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 1, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Thank you Milana!

3. March 28, 2016 / 4:20 pm

I'm intrigued by the white one and never tried this formula. Does it have the nice u shaped brush like Dior? Thanks!

March 28, 2016 / 7:07 pm

Both colors are really pretty. How do they compare to Bamboo White from Victoria Beckham x Nails Inc? Thanks, Sabrina!

• April 1, 2016 / 5:05 pm

The Bamboo White is more opaque in color and also a bit more white/paler in finish – HTH!

5. March 28, 2016 / 10:52 pm

I have one very similar to the pink shade so I'm good!

• April 1, 2016 / 5:05 pm

Yay!

6. March 29, 2016 / 12:24 am

I couldn't get White Snow out of my head. Then, I found out that the other cream polish I was looking for was sold out near me. So, thanks to this post I treated myself to a sushi dinner and picking up White Snow! I couldn't get the idea of soft white nails out of my head for some reason, so here goes…. I can already say that I like it a lot better than CL Sweet Charity.

• April 1, 2016 / 5:05 pm

I hope you love it!

March 29, 2016 / 1:00 am

I would suggest giving the white another try and giving yourself time to dust to seeing it on your hands. It doesn't read at all as white out and looks quite elegant in fact. I suspect you're similar to me when you put on a polish outside of your comfort zone or what you've been wearing lately and you want to wear it and like it, but you're not happy with it. I try to stick it out for a few days to allow my perception and skin tones to adjust to the new color. Not that my skin is a chameleon, but I do think our tones adjust; such as when you get a drastic hair color change you need time to settle in, sometimes staple colors in your wardrobe just don't look right anymore. Something about our skin tones adjusts based on time of year and what's around us and we have to allow time for the ocular perception to catch up to something different before deciding like or dislike. For what it's worth, I like the white on you. It elongates the fingers beautifully.

• April 1, 2016 / 5:06 pm

I think this MJ White Snow is just perfect. The sheer quality makes it more wearable for me ๐Ÿ™‚

8. March 29, 2016 / 3:41 am

love both! they look so clean and chic and FRENCH! xoxo

• April 1, 2016 / 5:06 pm

Thanks love!!

9. March 29, 2016 / 12:36 pm

I have PEEP & love it!!! I have worn this polish for 6 DAYS & just now have gotten 1 tiny chip on the tip of my index finger… Never have I had a polish last this long-great quality!!!

• April 1, 2016 / 5:06 pm

Peep is calling my name!!

• April 1, 2016 / 5:07 pm

I agree – I think the pastels in this launch are so pretty fresh and clean looking ๐Ÿ™‚

10. March 29, 2016 / 6:00 pm

White Snow looks gorgeous!! I hadn't found a color in the Marc Jacobs line that I loved but those two look super chic. I guess I just HAVE to go to Sephora now ๐Ÿ™‚

dailydoseofwhatilove.blogspot.com

• April 1, 2016 / 5:07 pm

You can't go wrong with a visit to Sephora ๐Ÿ™‚

11. April 12, 2016 / 8:11 pm

After seeing white snow on your fingers I went out and bought it but for some odd reason it doesn't apply easily or nicely on my hands. I applied a base coat and it still looks clumpy and uneven? It looks like I have school glue on my fingers. Any rec?