Burberry Oxblood No. 303 Nail Polish

Burberry Oxblood No. 303 Nail Polish ($21 for 8ml/.27 fl oz) is one of the eighteen nail polishes just released by Burberry Beauty. It’s a stunning dark red wine shade with a sheerish jelly base. There is a lot of red in the base which prevents it from being too dark. Still it’s dark enough to be vampy. I found it applied well with two coats although a third coat made it look best.

Removeable cap:

Wide and flat brush:

There have been mixed feelings about the formula. I tested this with two different applications. The first was with a professional manicure – my manicurist noted that the brush on this nail polish was poorly designed with rough bristles making it hard to get an accurate finish by the cuticles. Still application was pure perfection with two coats. She expressed her strong dislike for the formula and the design. I tried a second time on my own (photos with own application shown below) and found it slightly more difficult to work with compared to Chanel, Dior and Tom Ford but was still able to get a decent application. Lasting power was quite good. I used my usual go-to’s Deborah Lippmann’s Rehydrating Base Coat and Chanel’s Top Coat – the manicure lasted well over 5 days.

For comparisons, see below: Chanel Vamp, Burberry Oxblood, Chanel Accessoire, Chanel Rouge Noir and Chanel Forbidden (discontinued).

I give Burberry Oxblood a thumbs up for lasting power and color. The brush could use some improvement for easier application. I did have to be more careful to not over-apply the color to the nail and get an even application. It’s currently sold out online but on backorder for another week. You might want to check your Burberry counters to see if they have stock in stores.
You can find Burberry Oxblood Nail polish online at Nordstrom. If you’re a fan of the oxblood-colored theme, check out the other variations of the Lip Mist, Lip Cover and Lip Glow. (I bought all three.)

Comments

1. December 13, 2013 / 3:15 pm

Looks like a very solid vampy oxblood shade! Too bad about the brush tho, I loathe poorly made brushes. Thanks for the heads up! Seeing the comparisons I might want to try Chanel's Rouge Noir!

• December 14, 2013 / 4:26 pm

You know, Cherry Jubilee nail polish by Avon is an exact dupe for Chanel's Rouge Noir. (It looks best if you are fair skinned though). Thought you might want to know that. Have a good day.

2. December 13, 2013 / 4:50 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Also love the shape of your nails.

3. December 13, 2013 / 9:52 pm

I agree with your review, same assessment as I wrote on my blog earlier, Sabrina! This color looks so nice on you.
    As a side note: If you check Nordstrom store individually, chances are good that you'll find Oxblood n/p even if it is not listed online. Do check my local store Nordstrom Bellevue (ask for Angie, counter manager for Burberry) – they just got loads of stock in this week.

4. December 14, 2013 / 11:53 am

Seems to be a very gorgeous red =) I like the wide brush =)

xoRosie

5. December 14, 2013 / 2:25 pm

Ooh, such a rich, beautiful shade for winter. And the packaging is so chic! xo

6. December 14, 2013 / 7:06 pm

I'm so glad I bought this shade… can't wait to wear it 🙂

7. December 15, 2013 / 1:38 am

Looks like a lovely, deep shade, though for the price I'd like to see really top-notch design

8. December 16, 2013 / 7:38 pm

The Burberry Oxblood is perfect! I love the creamy color with no sparkles.

9. December 20, 2013 / 12:40 am

It's the perfect shade of deep red!

10. December 26, 2013 / 12:56 am

I received this as a Christmas present. I tried it today and I love it. Love the color and the application. I had no problems with my brush. I also used the Deborah Lippmann rehydrating base coat.