Le Métier de Beauté Saint-Domingue Kaleidoscope | Saks Exclusive

Le Métier de Beauté has released a Saks-Exclusive Kaleidoscope called Saint-Domingue ($95, limited). I spotted it in their fall fantasy catalog and ordered it immediately from Saks Houston for a gift card event. It’s breathtaking. Each shade is unique compared to the past releases from Le Métier de Beauté. It’s a stunning combination of colors that is perfect for fall.

The top shade is a satiny nude pink. There is a slight hint of shimmer but it applies more like a matte.

The second shade is a matte grey base with very subtle flecks of sparkle. Note this one pulls more blue on my arm but in real life applies more neutral on the eyes. It’s not as pale or as cool as the grey from Splendid Frost.

The third shade is a shimmering plum gold. It looks almost identical to Silk Road’s plums but it applies with much more pigment and sparkle. It’s also not quite as purply as Silk Road.

The last shade is a stunning soft steel dove grey shimmer. I couldn’t find another shade like it. It applies like a dream.

Most kits are designed to layer each color. This one I prefer to apply more like a traditional quad (lightest all over, then each darker shade worn progressively closer to the lashline).

Swatched individually then blended together:

I think it’s a must-have. It has the perfect blend of matte and shimmer. The pigment and blendability is phenomenal. I can’t rave enough about this one. You can find it at select Saks Stores or at Saks.com.

Comments

1. October 4, 2013 / 2:11 pm

I LOVE the way the four shades blend together! I would never have guessed that's how it'd look, but the result fascinates me!

2. October 4, 2013 / 2:38 pm

Loving it! The purple is even better than I hoped. And I'm loving the idea of blending them all together, now that is an interesting shade!

3. October 4, 2013 / 2:48 pm

This looks gorgeous, thanks so much for the review, I was looking for swatches to pull the trigger and yours are awesome.

4. October 4, 2013 / 3:47 pm

wooo I think I need this!! Unlike the other one, this one does not overlap with my other k-scope! Thanks!! 🙂

5. Sara
    October 4, 2013 / 3:58 pm

Beautiful! I was waiting to see swatches and now I believe I will order it! -Sara

6. Christina
    October 4, 2013 / 4:09 pm

Sabrina, thank you so much for these swatches! I have been waiting patiently for your review, and I think you're the first one to show arm swatches. I must snag this up now! It looks so much prettier than in promo images.

Love your blog! xoxo

7. October 4, 2013 / 5:51 pm

Just placed my order! Thanks for the review…..was initially going to pass on both k-scopes that have just been released, but you persuaded me on this one. Thanks!

8. October 4, 2013 / 6:59 pm

This looks so much prettier than in the promo pictures. That matte grey in particular is so luscious looking and that layered shade is really pretty. Such nice pictures, Sabrina!

9. Nemo
    October 4, 2013 / 11:04 pm

I have this eye kit, as well as the NM Carnaby kit. I thank you for your layering suggestion for using the Saint Dominique kit rather than the traditional LMDB manner of using the colors. Yours works much better with this kit!

10. October 5, 2013 / 12:15 am

Wow, absolutely completely stunning when blended and not what I expected at all!

11. October 6, 2013 / 1:07 pm

I thought the mix of all these shades would turn out muddy but wow – it actually looks so beautiful!

12. October 12, 2013 / 3:04 am

Used this today…….wonderful soft smoky eye. Additionally, I blended the top layer with the 3rd layer and used it as a blush-the soft pink softened the plummy shade and the whole look was very complementary. I topped it with Uma Paro lipgloss-great look for fall!

13. October 14, 2013 / 6:59 pm

me encantan todos los colores de la paleta, y la pigmentación es fantástica!