Chanel Affinité 65 Le Blush Crème de Chanel

Chanel Affinité 65 Le Blush Crème de Chanel ($38 for 2.5 g/0.09 oz) was one shade missing from most counters near me. Stores had received testers but no product to sell. Chanel.com had the color available for a few days before selling out. I had my name on the waitlists and was thrilled to find it arrived in stores at Nordstrom and online Nordstrom.com. Affinité #65 is a hot cool-toned pink. It’s quite pigmented and visible on the skin – it’s one of the brighter shades out of the six that were released for fall. Other Blush Crèmes in Destiny, Presage, Revelation and Inspiration were reviewed here. Out of all the shades, my top three picks are Présage, Révélation and this one Affinité.

Since Affinité is very pigmented, it does require blending on the skin for a more natural look. I’ve found either a foundation brush or regular blush brush work fine. My favorite is Tom Ford’s Cream Foundation brush but any brush will do. I don’t recommend applying over dry skin. It does work ok over a powdered face, but for easier blending, apply a sheer illuminator first to the cheeks. The slightly emollient base helps the color blend easier. Swatches, heavy and blended:

Comparisons below to Chanel Revelation (warmer), Edward Bess Love Affair (the EB has more blue and is dewier), MAC Dollymix Powder blush (similar in undertone):

Overall love. It’s a beautiful bright pink shade that is easy to wear and coordinate into looks for both day and evening. It’s layerable so you can adjust the intensity to your preference. I’m happy I was able to find it. I’m not sure why it’s one of the hard to find shades, perhaps it was just one that sold out very quickly – the good news is that Affinité is not listed as a limited item on Chanel.com even though it is sold out. If you had difficulty finding this the past few months, know that you can find it now at Nordstrom.

Follow the beauty look book via Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

Comments

1. August 12, 2013 / 7:42 am

It's gorgeous!! I love the colour 🙂

Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

2. August 12, 2013 / 9:29 am

Hey Sabrina, I'm glad to hear you like Affinite as well! I have Presage, Affinite, and Inspiration. I've only tried Inspiration so far (Affinite is on my to-do list today), and I'm very impressed with the formula! It is indeed quite an intense shade, but it seems to blend easily so I hope it won't end up looking over the top!

3. August 12, 2013 / 10:00 am

Wow… that's such a gorgeous shade. Thanks for sharing comparison swatches! 🙂

4. August 12, 2013 / 11:50 am

These blushes look amazing! I really want to try them out! Especially this color!

5. August 12, 2013 / 3:59 pm

It was well worth the wait, Sabrina. Affinité is gorgeous on your skin tone. Initially, I wasn't sure I'd like these new blushers by Chanel because they appeared too intense for lighter skin tones. But, once I got the hang of Révélation (stipple lightly then blend), I went back for Présage 🙂 I love how easy it is to create a long-lasting flush of color with this particular formula.

6. August 12, 2013 / 5:23 pm

This color is stunning! Chanel Fall has not appeared at my counters in Canada yet, but I can't wait! I want to try Fantastic as well.

7. August 12, 2013 / 5:52 pm

Such a great pink! I feared it might be too pink but it actually warms up nicely on your skintone. Love!

8. August 12, 2013 / 11:43 pm

What a lovely shade! Can't wait to give these a try. Thanks for the helpful swatches, as always! xo

9. August 13, 2013 / 2:40 am

This shade and fantastic are my favorites out of all Chanel's cream blushes. I usually just use my fingers to apply but will have to try that Tom Ford brush!

10. August 13, 2013 / 3:25 am

Hi Sabrina,

I'd have to agree with Eileen – the bright pink of Chanel Affinité looks beautiful against your skintone! What a vibrant color 🙂

11. September 5, 2013 / 8:30 pm

Hi, the blushes are great, I have got this one Affinite and Presage still not sure if I need Revelation or not?