Laura Mercier Organza Nail Lacquer – Fall 2012 Cinema Noir

The first signs of fall beauty have arrived. The Non-Blonde gave us a first look at Laura Mercier’s first installment for fall 2012 with beautiful swatches of the Mystere Eye Shadow Duo. This past weekend, I spotted the display at Saks and picked up the palest item in the collection: Organza Nail Lacquer ($18), a neutral light sheer beige with a tinge of light pink loaded with tiny gold and silver sparkles. It’s sheer and different from anything I own. It’s reminiscent of OPI’s classic Hollywood Blonde, but a golden version with a slightly more pigmented nude base. I applied this with two coats although I three might be better. Still, two coats resulted in an glowy and sparkly look.

Close up at an angle so you can see the beige base and gold sparkles suspended, if you turn this in the sun you see multi-colored shimmers in some champagne and silvery sparkles:

In terms of comparisons, Laura Mercier’s Organza might remind you of other shades such as Essies Chips No Potatoes (which looked horribly yellow on me) or other Chanel Beige-Golds such as Beige Rose or Beige d’Or. It does indeed have a similar feel, but the base has a slight pinkish mix to help this from looking yellow on olive skintones (like mine). Here are a few comparisons:

I found mine at Saks and this should be arriving at counters now. I’m not sure whether it’s limited edition or not, these days I tend to assume most items are these days. Bottom line, gorgeous, subtle and glowy. I’ve worn this for three days now with no chips or tip wear yet. Laura Mercier’s Organza is perfectly polished without being too distracting or glitzy.
The other two shades released were a warm mink-pink cream and a warm light cocoa. I thought they were too close to my skintone to be flattering for me, but curiosity will definitely lead me to another trip soon to test those on the fingers.

Comments

1. June 13, 2012 / 5:05 am

What a dainty pink! I like how they've included the larger gold sparkles; it seems a bit our of character for a higher end polish to do it… however it adds a nice texture to an otherwise understated color. In a sense the festive sparkle reminds me of Kate Spade's gold confetti!

2. June 13, 2012 / 5:26 am

OMG!!! Thank you for posting this review. I am not familiar with Laura Mercie's brand. I tried this nail polish back in May and I was not sure if it was from a previews collection! I loved it so much!!!! I will buy it now that I know the name of it. Xoxo

3. June 13, 2012 / 6:15 am

I like beige colors for any season and I am glad this polish has a pink undertone. The micro silver and gold shimmer add more interest to a typical beige.

4. Paige
    June 13, 2012 / 6:36 am

I like that this polish has a slightly more pigmented base color than OPI's Hollywood Blonde (I hate visible nail lines). And despite the large gold sparkles, the polish still looks conservative and classy. I'm definitely going to get this and check out the other two colors as well. This will be my first time trying Laura Mercier's nail polish. Thank you for sharing us your swatches.

• June 17, 2012 / 7:47 pm

Thank you Paige for stopping by! I adore OPI's Hollywood Blonde and I agree I like something with a more pigmented base. I really like what Laura Mercier is doing with her nail polishes these days πŸ™‚

5. June 13, 2012 / 8:28 am

This nail varnish is so beautiful! The bottle looks a little cheap to me, though – the standard brown sparkly Laura Mercier packaging doesn't really translate well into hard plastic, in my opinion, which is a bit of a let down, but the colour is the main thing and it looks like it would be a really lovely, subtle colour for summer. Thanks for posting!

June 13, 2012 / 10:51 am

caution for the pale-toned girl. i tried this and it did not show up at all. in my opinion, not worth the money. it would be better to treat yourself to a salon manicure instead. although there are no sparkles, chanel's "frenzy" is coming soon (spotted in the fall collection runways). even though different, it's pale. save your $$$$$$.

June 13, 2012 / 12:21 pm

Must have this polish! Thanks for sharing.

June 13, 2012 / 12:58 pm

maybe Fast Track from China Glaze's Hunger Games collection? …by milktea

9. June 13, 2012 / 2:06 pm

Pretty — looks like it would make a beautiful topper! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

10. June 13, 2012 / 2:32 pm

I love those nudes, especially because they have a beautiful and warm shimmer, expect chanel beige d'or.
    Beautiful colours, thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

xxox

11. June 13, 2012 / 4:54 pm

Such a pretty, warm overlay!

12. Eileen
    June 13, 2012 / 8:25 pm

This polish really does remind me of the iridescent organza that was so popular back in the day–or perhaps an iridescent sari silk. No matter. It is a beautiful nude shade.

13. June 13, 2012 / 9:19 pm

Pink cream polishes are all so pretty and clean. Love your swatches as always. <3

14. June 15, 2012 / 3:15 am

Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous!! Definitely need to check that out!

15. June 15, 2012 / 5:31 pm

I love this and the Chanel Beige Rose color – thank goodness for your great comparisons! <3 you Sabrina!

• June 17, 2012 / 7:48 pm

Katherine – do you have Beige Rose? I think it's a discontinued color πŸ™

June 16, 2012 / 6:40 pm

isnt it also very similar to chanel frisson? it looks pretty much exactly the same πŸ˜€

• June 17, 2012 / 7:48 pm

I personally don't find them similar except for the gold shimmer.

17. June 17, 2012 / 11:18 pm

I have to agree this looks terrible on my pale, pink toned hands. All I see is the yellow glitter and I don't see much of the pink base.