Dolce & Gabbana Passione Nail Lacquer

Dolce & Gabbana Passione Nail Lacquer 121 ($20) is new for summer 2011. It’s currently available at Saks. I would describe it as a rich and bright cool magenta. Passione is one of those colors that you can’t really tell if it’s purple or pink or mauve – or a mixture of all three. I think this is one of those colors everyone would describe differently. It applies smoothly with rich color in just 2 thin coats. I find lasting power pretty good for Dolce & Gabbana. No chips, smooth application, just your normal tip wear after a couple days.

Outdoors in direct sunlight:

I couldn’t find any dupes in my collection, although Makeup Magpie did find a dupe (see her post here). Comparisons from my own personal nail polish collection, L to R: to Chanel Pulsion, Chanel Splendeur, Dolce & Gabbana Passione, Dolce & Gabbana Rose, Chanel Fantastic

Overall thoughts: LOVE, although I think this will be better suited for toes for me. It does appear easily dupe-able. I just don’t have any dupes.

Comments

1. May 16, 2011 / 2:44 pm

What a beautiful colour! I'm definitely going to have to invest in that!! x

2. May 16, 2011 / 4:24 pm

Good day:

Hmm, looks a bit like Revlon "Plum Seduction", one of my favorites!

Best, Lisa

3. May 16, 2011 / 7:40 pm

A really HOT pink color! I loooove…!

Lina, you are always seriously tempting me to run out for picking up the stuff you show! :p

4. May 17, 2011 / 2:40 pm

What a pretty photo with the gorgeous orchid! x

5. May 22, 2011 / 6:07 am

Hi, Sabrina! Great swatches.

A drugstore dupe for this polish is "CQ – Purple Passion" from Rite Aid (jelly finish – needs 3 coats for opacity). I was looking for comparable shades at CVS, and Sinful "Boom Boom", Sally Hansen "Firm Fig" and NYC Moma (this one is a bit darker, I think) polishes also look close. Chanel Cassis polish is what I was originally trying to dupe, looking at all those pinky-purple shades. HTH!

6. May 22, 2011 / 6:08 am

Revlon Plum Seduction would be a bit darker than this D&G polish. I see someone above referenced it! 🙂 It is beautiful as well.

August 22, 2011 / 10:23 pm

A question to Sabrina. Please, tell me, how do you care for thecuticles. Your short nails look so beautiful.