Spring to Summer Colors for Eyes and Cheeks

Bright blushes are a definitely must-have for me, although I usually layer two colors for more depth and dimension. Most of the time I will layer a soft wash of bright over a bronzer. For eyes I don’t really wear brights. The brightest shades I have are golds or pinky-peachy shimmers. I’ll feature a few non-neutrals, but for bright eye colors I’m a bit lacking.

Bright pink blushes (L to R)*: NARS Angelika, MAC Pink Swoon, NARS Desire, Chanel Tweed Fuschia

Bright peaches (also see my peach obsession here): NARS Taj Mahal, MAC Style , Bobbi Brown Coral Shimmer Blush, NARS Gilda

Bright corals (clockwise from left): NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush, Guerlain Série Noire Blush G, Bobbi Brown Pink Coral Shimmer Wash, MAC Fleur Power

Brighter eye colors for me (not necessarily bright for everyone): NARS Goldfinger, NARS Étrusque, MAC Pink Bronze Pigment* (note the picture has been corrected, it’s Pink Bronze, not Pink Gold), Edward Bess Escape (which isn’t bright but I put it in just for a color reference)

The next and final part of this series will include a few tips and look ideas of how I incorporate brights with neutrals.

* Those who follow me on Twitter know that I no longer have my NARS Angelika Multiple since my Jack Russell pup Lucy ate it. Thanks to all who have asked about her! She is fine and dandy just like the vet assured me over the phone. In fact she is acting like it was any other puppy treat. The picture above at the very top was taken pre-puppy-consumption.

Comments

1. March 27, 2011 / 3:17 am

I'm in love with this post— just seeing all the bright blush colors side by side makes me happy! It's also incredibly helpful in discerning all the nuances between shades; I'm loving the swatches of Bobbi brown shimmer blushes that one rarely sees online. (And poor puppy! I hope she's ok even if your angelika isn't =P)

2. March 27, 2011 / 3:57 am

Oh, what lovely shades! I own many of those pinks and a few peaches (hard to get it right with NW20-25 skin). I use the BB Coral Shimmer Blush with bronzers and other blushes.

My one "bright" eye shadow is for the crease and it's MAC Coppering. I'll own it forever. I have MAC pigment in Old Gold but can't figure out how to use it, other than the inside corner of the eye. It's such a new "medium" for me, but I'm learning.

Poor puppy, and what a scare for you!

3. March 27, 2011 / 4:06 am

NARS Gina is a great peach blush too, my first NARS blush ever. 🙂

4. March 27, 2011 / 4:18 am

I have fair skin and I tend to stay away from super bright brights. I don't think that I would ever go for Taj Mahal, but having seen the swatch on here, I really like it! They are all so beautiful!

5. March 27, 2011 / 4:57 am

I am LOVING your Spring to Summer posts! NARS Gilda looks so pretty…I wonder why I never seem to hear much about it. MAC Pink Bronze also looks amazing – very unique. I've never heard of that one but then again, I don't really know many MAC pigments. Also, glad to hear Lucy is doing okay 🙂 R.I.P. Angelika Multiple.

6. March 27, 2011 / 6:04 am

I am loving your Spring to Summer series, such pretty colours to look at!

I have a few of the blushes in this post but you've got me lemming over so many I don't own.

7. March 27, 2011 / 6:29 am

i love this post inside out! so many beautiful blushes. i love bright colours but i can't wear them well.. therefore, i sheer them out all the time or just look at them. you have a beautiful collection. and thank you so much for the swatches. 🙂

8. March 27, 2011 / 7:25 am

Love bright blushes! Espeically those with shimmer.

9. March 27, 2011 / 7:32 am

This post is what I've been needing!! I've been lookin for that perfect coral blush and from the great swatches your provided.. I think Mac Fluer Power is for me!

Thank you soooo much for making my search for the coral blush SO much easier =P

10. March 27, 2011 / 8:40 am

I agree with Dovey. I feel all summery reading your post, although I can't not feel summery as I live in the middle east, ha!
    Great post, I want all those colours!xx

11. March 27, 2011 / 10:17 am

MAC Pink Gold is interesting!! it looks so different when swatched than when it is in the pan 🙂

12. March 28, 2011 / 4:09 am

You take the most beautiful product photos! MAC Pink Bronze looks so pretty & I love NARS Taj Mahal! I need to pull it out to wear sometime. =)

13. March 28, 2011 / 4:14 pm

Gilda is much more beautiful than I remember, & I definitely need Taj Mahal my life 😀

Great swatches!

14. March 29, 2011 / 5:41 pm

Oh dear! I'm glad your puppy's fine. My mother has a Jack Russell to keep her busy…and she will eat anything! (the dog, not my mother, haha).