Neutral & Bright: Zoya Naomi, Rescue Beauty Lounge Pink Shimmer, Chanel Enthusiast

Nails of the day (from Sunday):
  • On the fingers = 1 coat of Zoya Naomi + 1 coat of Rescue Beauty Lounge Pink Shimmer on top
  • On the toes = 2 coats of Chanel Enthusiast

Yesterday I featured Zoya Naomi and mentioned how I felt it was a bit too warm for my olive-beige skintone. I experimented layering different sheer and glittery shades on top to see what different effects I could make and decided adding a coat of a sheer white-opal-pink shimmer created a nice neutral. The winner was adding one coat of Rescue Beauty Lounge Pink Shimmer (previously reviewed here). Here is the final result:

I decided to go super bright on the toes with Chanel Enthusiast 377 (Part of the London Madness mini collection from Summer 2009 & a Neimans Exclusive). It was a limited edition shade but extremely close to Chanel Coromandel, previously reviewed here (scroll down for comparisons). The difference is that Enthusiast is more vibrant, more orange, and has no shimmer.

The mani & pedi combo:

L to R comparisons: Rescue Beauty Lounge Ani, Zoya Naomi, Rescue Beauty Lounge Pink Shimmer, the mixed shades, Chanel Enthusiast, Chanel Dragon, Chanel Coromandel

I sometimes get off the wall comments – just an FYI, I’m in Southern California where wearing sandals this time of year is do-able. We’ve had on and off rain, but the sun peeked out enough for me to slip on the flip flops and not freeze my toes off.

Comments

1. February 21, 2011 / 5:47 pm

Love the Chanel Enthusiast, which I do not have. I'm waiting for the Dior orange shade that I've seen pix of for summer. If you were in northern Calif., wearing sandals, it might look odd (temp. yesterday reached 53 degrees), but in southern Cal, it's nearly always postcard weather.

I've never thought of layering nail polishes, and from different brands too. Thanks for the idea!

February 21, 2011 / 6:45 pm

Nails and pedi look great – no surprise there. I really like a more conservative mani mixed with a fun pedi; I think it is the most do-able way for the best of both worlds.

Hope you are having a good Monday, Lina.

Laura 🙂

3. February 21, 2011 / 7:35 pm

Nice combo. You have nice toes. I don't think could ever show my toes to the world!

4. February 21, 2011 / 8:46 pm

Sigh. You are officially my nail polish guru! Those nudes! And what a great red. Funny about the too warm for skin comment, I have OPI Sand in My Suit and I have often wondered what bugged me about it. I think it is too warm, so perhaps layering a white-opal-pink shimmer might help 🙂

5. February 21, 2011 / 9:35 pm

I really love the red – it's such a lovely bright shade which looks good against your sandals (which I love by the way!)

6. February 21, 2011 / 11:26 pm

Beautiful combo! Love that red — it's so vibrant and pretty 🙂 I'd like to try some RBL shades one day. Looks like they have a lot of nice shades! 🙂

7. Eileen
    February 22, 2011 / 3:06 am

Clever you, putting a coat of pale pink over the Zoya 🙂 They layered beautifully and look perfect with your skin tone. I like your choice for the toes, as well. Zoya's golden neutral pairs perfectly with Chanel's orange tinged red. I've gotten so many wonderful ideas for color combinations from reading your blog. You've got a good eye for color.

8. February 22, 2011 / 1:35 pm

gorgeous nudes! Enthusiast is exquisite, will be on the lookout for it IRL. Thanks for posting.

PS love the flip flops ; )

9. February 22, 2011 / 3:30 pm

Oo… that is a lovely combination: icy nude and saturated orange.

10. February 22, 2011 / 4:08 pm

I love the combo. This is pretty much my standard look throughout the summer: nude fingernails and coral toes. It's a classic!!!

11. February 22, 2011 / 5:00 pm

I was on the same wavelength. I just got my toes done last Friday and I did an orangey-coral shade, OPI's Cajun Shrimp.

Ugh – not feeling that name. I really don't like anything refering to a shrimp on my toes but I'm slowly getting over it.

Yeah, we had some sunshine too up here in SF, albeit chilly temperatures but I still can run minor errands in my Haviana's! It really doesn't matter to me whether it's raining or below 30 for me – I get my toes done no matter what because it makes ME happy to look at my toes polished nicely.

12. February 22, 2011 / 10:02 pm

Where are those flip flops from. love them!

13. February 24, 2011 / 6:17 am

that red is gorgeous. love your tb flip flips! xo

February 25, 2011 / 9:43 pm

I never thought of put different colors on the toes and fingers, this very very pretty. Kind of wonder what the Zoya color is. I'd like to give myself a try though despite I have ugly feet =^-^=