NARS Full Metal Jacket + Rescue Beauty Lounge Stormy

I was in the mood for stormy blue greys this past week as I was anxiously waiting for NARS Full Metal Jacket to arrive in the mail. As soon as it came I put the NARS on the fingers and Rescue Beauty Lounge Stormy on the toes. I rarely ever wear blueish shades on the fingers but both are lovely and I definitely see myself getting regular use out of these colors.

NARS Full Metal Jacket is a recent release from their Vintage Collection of nail colors. I had never paid much attention to NARS nail polishes (except Chinatown and Jungle Red) so I don’t remember this one being released before. NARS Full Metal Jacket is a cool frosty grey-pearl with a blueish tinge. It definitely requires a very steady hand for application. I had my nails professionally done to get a smoother application. When I swatched it on my own it was clearly streaky although it’s not something you can notice easily. This color is more on the sheer side. I have this on with 2 coats. I would have preferred 3 though.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Stormy is a color I have long resisted. I never understood the appeal to grey toned nails, but Chanel Particuliere changed that for me and ever since I have been curious about all types of greys. Smooth finish. Not quite as impressive as Chanel’s recent cream-finish shades, but almost. With 2 coats it gives full coverage that is smooth and glossy.

If I were to do my mani/pedi over again, I would have used RBL Stormy on the hands and NARS Full Metal Jacket on the toes. Neither are exactly office appropriate for a conservative business environment but not too in-your-face that it’s completely inappropriate.

A few comparisons:

One last view:

Comments

1. October 13, 2010 / 7:15 am

Such a gorgeous family of colours! Great blog by the way 🙂

2. October 13, 2010 / 8:47 am

Gorgeous shades indeed xx

3. October 13, 2010 / 2:09 pm

Wow, ALL of your grays look amazing with your skintone. LOVE the flip flops, too – Tory Burch?

4. October 13, 2010 / 2:21 pm

I just recently got my first grey polish, and I am loving it!

5. October 13, 2010 / 2:35 pm

I NEEED THOSE SHADES!!!!!!!!!
    Beautiful colors

6. Eileen
    October 13, 2010 / 3:39 pm

That's a very pretty combination, Sabrina. I especially like the picture taken against the pebble background–not that you're going to carry a slab of rocks around with you :-). It shows the beautiful earth tone palette that works well with the nail shades.

7. October 13, 2010 / 3:56 pm

LOVE this post … that chanel steel polish is gorgeous!!

8. October 14, 2010 / 2:31 am

That is such a *cute* mani/pedi combo! 😀

9. October 14, 2010 / 2:53 am

May have to get the RBL Stormy now.

10. October 14, 2010 / 8:35 pm

I always thought we were sisters from another mother!
    My two favorite Nars polish colors are Chinatown and Jungle Red, also! ; ) And WOW! I've forgotten how much I love RBL Stormy! I'll be pulling that one out! Thank you for that! Full Metal Jacket is truly a vintage color from Nars. I'm pretty sure it was released somewhere around the time the film was released, which is the stone age ;)) or feels like it, anyway! Beautiful mani/pedi btw!

11. October 14, 2010 / 11:16 pm

Haha!

I was right! We definitely are sisters from another mother! I finally made it to South Coast Plaza, my first time! ( Holy Moly! There is an Assouline bookstore AND a Vie de France! I was in heaven! But I digress! ) So, I made it to the Burberry counter, of course! And of course, we had purchased exactly the same 3 eyeshadows! Porcelain, Gold Trench and Almond! I know I'm such a dork, but I do find it terribly amusing! I came to your blog to see what you had purchased and there it was! The line is beautiful Additionally, I purchased one lipstick, one gloss and an eye pencil, I love the quality and will definitely be purchasing more in the future.

BTW, the other products I ended up with were the Nude Beige Gloss, the Heather Rose lipstick and the Midnight Blue liner.. The eyeliner is the product I'm least impressed with, but overall a lovely line.

12. October 17, 2010 / 11:30 pm