Summer Brights On Tips & Toes: Chanel Orange Fizz + Rococo Trash

A few summery brights for the tips and toes with Chanel Orange Fizz (a vibrant orange) and Rococo Trash (a pretty raspberry cream). Fall collections are tempting me, but I’m still in spring mode. I just started feeling like it’s really summer – but haven’t quite fully transitioned (in my mind at least).

I have never really been into coral or orangey nail polishes. I usually feel like they are so loud but I thought Chanel Orange Fizz would be fun to try something different. I find it still a bit too bright/loud on the fingers. I think I’ll like it better for a pedicure. Rococo Trash on the other hand is a stunning red raspberry. I’m sure there’s a dupeable color out there by Zoya or OPI, I just haven’t looked into it. It was a bit of a hunt for me to track down Chanel Orange Fizz. As far as I can tell, there are plenty of online places to buy it. I had to go to a few counters near me to find this one even though it’s been out for a while. I finally found it at one of my local Macys and they only had 2 bottles left. The Rococo was found at Space NK Bloomingdales South Coast Plaza.

Chanel Orange Fizz:

Rococo Trash on the toes:

There’s a lovely coral-peachy-pink that I saw at Sephora that I need to check out again. I can’t remember the name but it’s by the OPI for Sephora line.

All the coral nail polish lovers. Do you have any favorites you’d like to share? I’m open for recommendations for summer!

Comments

1. June 25, 2010 / 10:03 am

the chanel orange fizz is sooo pretty!

shimmering2light.blogspot.com

2. June 25, 2010 / 10:11 am

Nails Inc Brook St is my fav coral at the mo – reviewed it here http://aminasbazaar.blogspot.com/. I like your colour combinations – I never know what to wear together.
    Amina

3. June 25, 2010 / 2:12 pm

Unfortunately, my favourite coral shade is one I got free with InStyle magazine a couple of years ago, a limited edition Nails Inc one! Apart from that though, I haven't really been able to find the perfect one. I find a lot of them are too red and I like them more orange, but a softer, creamier orange than most you find. If you like the Chanel, but find it a bit too bright, try Essie Canteloupe, it's a really beautiful soft orange, I have a picture on my blog:

4. Christina
    June 25, 2010 / 4:05 pm

Coral is my favorite color for the summer. Last time I got a pedicure I got Opi Modern Girl and loved it. Tried to Google it but it shows up as pink in the online photos.

5. June 25, 2010 / 5:29 pm

Hi ladies, thanks for all the suggestions. I will be checking them out.

Jbrobeck – thanks for the dupe rec, I know some of my readers will like that! LOL about "loud" – funny how I can wear bright pinks and bright reds on fingers and feel ok, but if it's orange then for me it's loud. I think I just am not used to it πŸ™‚

Stellie – Thanks for the Essie rec. For some reason, I've never used my essies so I stopped buying them and tossed all my old ones out. I'll look into that one too πŸ™‚

Christina – thanks for the OPI rec! I will definitely try to hunt that one down. Funny how some shades are hard to photograph. For me, brights with a hint of neon throw off my camera. I tried to photograph Illamasqua's Collide Nail Polish on my fingers and it blinded my camera. All the photos turned out messed up.

6. cece
    July 3, 2010 / 3:53 am

as a cheaper alternative i recently discovered Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Nailcolor in #30 Snappy Sorbet. it's a gorgeous orange coral creme with a slight pearl. the brush is a little fussy but the color itself screams summer πŸ™‚

7. Nina
    March 26, 2011 / 1:56 pm

Hi Sabrina,

I love your swatches! Orange Fizz looks so pretty, do you know how it compares to Chanel Miami Peach?